Rick Smith Gundog Training Seminar

OZ/NZ are the same? I was rather astounded how many retriever breeds were imported from the US and UK.

Yeeeeeeet, another question please. You don't happen to have a book by the name of "Snakefoot the making of a champoin" by Bob Wehle?

It terms of Pointers/Setters I'd say Oz/NZ are much the same. There is a lot of sharing of genetics. Spaniels also, Rachel has been sending and receiving ESS to/from NZ for years. Retrievers - I defer to your much greater knowledge.

I do have Snakefoot in my library. A very interesting book, it contains the thoughts and philosophies of Bob toward the end of his career. Reflecting on his incredible life and one of the most amazing canine breeding programs of the modern era.

WS OH looks forward to hearing from you and doing some more training with like minded people.

He is dead keen on retrieving trials but not sure where to go to learn and train so maybe you could assist him there.

Best bet is to go to some retrieving trials, see the dogs, talk to the owners/trainers and get a clear mental picture of what it is you are trying to achieve with your dog. Unlike field trials, there are heaps of retrieving trials, so finding one to attend is easy. Just contact the VCA, or any of the retriever breed clubs, for a schedule.

There are group of retrieving training folk around albury that I train with from time to time, mostly when it's too hot (too many snakes) for me to do field work with my dogs. One guy competes successfully at the highest level (All Age), the others are very knowledgeable trainers who complete at lower levels basically because of the breeds they choose to compete with. I'm PM you their details.

Thanks for that WS, look forward to receiving details.