Battery Woes

Mim

Hi guys hope you can help me.

Both my brothers have Olympus FE-270 cameras and I have a crappy old Olympus FE-115 and an even crappier old Kodak bomb.

My problem is, the batteries we use seem to run out after taking only 10 or so photos. It doesn't matter which camera we use so I suspect we are using the wrong kind of batteries.

We had been using the same rechargeable ones for ages now so I thought they'd just reached their limits and bought some new ones. These only seemed to last a bit longer. So we decided to try non-rechargable batteries. These worked longer than the rechargables but still ran out too soon.

What kind of batteries should we be using for digital cameras? I want something that is going to last a long time.

I know batteries don't last for ever but any recommendations are greatly welcome :thumbsup: We are so sick of having to take many spare pairs of batteries just to take a measly 30 photos.

The rechargeable batteries we use are Energizer Rechargeable 2500 mAh and the non-rechargeable ones are Energizer Industrial. They are AA batteries.

I have a finepix- and use the zoom a lot, and flash occasionally.. a set of (rechargable) batteries lasts me about 10 days.. and that is taking up to 30 photos every day!!

What I DON"T use on my camera is the viewing screen! That uses up power quickly.

I use the optical viewfinder for both composing and viewing photos.

You may want to change the rechargeables you use... I use VARTA ones.

For non- recharge ones- i use the coppertop batteries :thumbsup:

Can you turn off the screen on any digital camera?

I don't know- sorry, not a technical bone in my body :(

All I know is on my camera there is a button up near the viewfinder- press it and the screen is either in use or dark.Only time i use it is for awkward macro shots ...

My lithium-ion battery lasts for a LONG time (I only charge it about every 2 or 3 weeks). When I was using AA batteries, it did not matter much which ones I used, they ran out very fast. I would never go back now!