Fish Oil Supps

Hi

That's what i was wondering to. My pup Grizzly is going on 4 months. He's a Groodle and around 10kg. I'm thinking about starting him on fish oil tablets. Are human fish oil capsules alright if i squeez the oil into his food? Also how much should i give him? Would he need other vitmans too, will fish oil make him deficient in E for example?

Thanks, Josh.

Hi

That's what i was wondering to. My pup Grizzly is going on 4 months. He's a Groodle and around 10kg. I'm thinking about starting him on fish oil tablets. Are human fish oil capsules alright if i squeez the oil into his food? Also how much should i give him? Would he need other vitmans too, will fish oil make him deficient in E for example?

Thanks, Josh.

Josh, I give my other two dogs the human capsules. You do need to give vit e as well. My guys eat them out of my hand even though they are odourless to us I think they can smell something because even my old collie who is really fussy loves them.

As far as dosage, thats why I posted. I am going to start my girl on sardines in oil first then when older ease her over to capsules. (I still give sardines once or twice per week.) Just ease slowing onto the sardines in oil. Too much too soon could upset tummy.

Jen

Great! Thanks for that...

Just to be annoying just wandering what you do in regards to the vitaman e? Is there a dog supplment for it or is human ok? (sorry i'm a newbie :S )

Thanks, Josh. :laugh:

To my knowledge human is fine. I got mine at woolies.

Others may be able to confirm.