K9 Force In Qld

Seita

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question - not long to go now!! - what time do we need to get there on Saturday?

and do we bring our dogs straight away? On that first morning should we bring anything else, biro, paper, water, treats,

BIG STICK( :love: :rolleyes: )

I don't know if I'm nervous or excited :thumbsup:

So where do I hire the GPS aka Mr Tomtom? :thumbsup:

If Mr Tomtom is anything like Miss Garmin, it would be a waste of money - you are better off using a map.

If you are coming down from Queensland, just keep on the Pacific motorway all the way down till you reach the new Tugun bypass, then take the bypass. That runs down behind the Gold Coast/Coolongatta airport. As you cross the border into NSW there is a big ugly red thing (modern art I supose) and you need to take the next exit off the bypass. That brings you down to Kennedy Driver where you turn right. Follow that for a couple of km and it turns into Scenic Drive - keep on that for another 2 or 3 km and it turns into Bilambil Road. Another couple of km and it reaches bilambil and a little roundabout where you turn right up Carool Road. About another 3 km of winding hilly road and Camp Tailwaggers is off to the left. There is a big sign on the side of the road next to the driveway. The driveaway is quite steep. When you get up the driveway the training centre, cabins, campsite and day visitor parking is all off to the right down a concrete road that is just a little wider than a car.

For those who have not been before it takes us about 1hr 15min to 1hr 30min to get there from our place and we are right near the gateway MWay and Old Cleveland Road junction. I would allow at least an hour and a half from the gateway bridge. The last section of the journey is on steep and windy roads, which tends to slow you down a bit.

Camp Tailwaggers is an awesome place and Ann and Tony are fantastic hosts. The cabins all have their own secure yard and there is a big off leash area as well. The seminar space is under cover, though the sun does come in from one side, so you might want a tarp or something to cover your crate in the morning.

If you do not have a crate it might be worth giving camp tailwaggers a ring as they sometimes have a couple of spares - last time we went to a seminar I borrowed a crate for Ebony (GSD).

Hope you all have fun.

Cheers,

DagBoy

Thanks Dagboy. I must say though, we've had Mr Tomtom for several years now, and I would never be without him!! Marvellous, actually has saved our marriage too :rolleyes: Neither of us has a clue about Brisbane, having moved from Adelaide straight to Hervey Bay, so Tommy is a godsend for us. Our friends used theirs for 10 weeks driving around UK and Europe and also have only good things to say. My daughter however used a map for 2 years travellling UK and Europe and middle east and has gone from being geographically illiterate to map wonder woman!!! Fantastic stuff. I'm very glad she did it that way. I unfortunately am too old to learn new tricks and cannot tell my right from my left :laugh::( If tomtom lets us down, he'll be out the window!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Dagboy. I must say though, we've had Mr Tomtom for several years now, and I would never be without him!! Marvellous, actually has saved our marriage too :rolleyes: Neither of us has a clue about Brisbane, having moved from Adelaide straight to Hervey Bay, so Tommy is a godsend for us. Our friends used theirs for 10 weeks driving around UK and Europe and also have only good things to say. My daughter however used a map for 2 years travellling UK and Europe and middle east and has gone from being geographically illiterate to map wonder woman!!! Fantastic stuff. I'm very glad she did it that way. I unfortunately am too old to learn new tricks and cannot tell my right from my left :laugh::( If tomtom lets us down, he'll be out the window!!! :rolleyes:

Unless you have updated your GPS, the Tugun bypass may not be on there and it will try to take you the old way which will add about 10 mins (and traffic and speed restrictions and lights). I use my Garmin if I do not know the roads, but at other times she tries to take us on some really bizarre routes or wants us to turn off the edge of a bridge to join the freeway below.

Cheers,

DagBoy

That doesn't mean Midol will let you pat him splatchy :laugh:

What Midol doesn't know won't hurt him :(

*plans to sneak off with spotty to pat Montu*

ETA: Midol I'm sure it would be ok if you bring lily for the workshop and leave montu in the cabin.

Edited by huski

i'll look after Montu :(:) He'll be f i n e :o trust me, I won't touch him at all :) Does kissing count as patting?? I think not!

Thanks Dag boy, we have not updated so will need help, I can see that now!! I haven't looked at the website, where is it exactly? I thought it was the Gold Coast, but you said over the border? I'm completely QLD illiterate :mad Saying near so and so etc. is useless with me. I think I'll go on google maps. I can see hours of enjoyment on the roads coming up :thumbsup:

Just a quick question - not long to go now!! - what time do we need to get there on Saturday?

Just bumping my post up so Seita or K9 doesn't miss it - just wanting to work out what time we need to leave for Saturday's workshop etc.

i'll look after Montu :hug::hug: He'll be f i n e :hug: trust me, I won't touch him at all :happydance: Does kissing count as patting?? I think not!

Thanks Dag boy, we have not updated so will need help, I can see that now!! I haven't looked at the website, where is it exactly? I thought it was the Gold Coast, but you said over the border? I'm completely QLD illiterate :cry: Saying near so and so etc. is useless with me. I think I'll go on google maps. I can see hours of enjoyment on the roads coming up :D

It is just over the border, but I am pretty sure they run on Qld time - none of that poncy southern daylight saving.

Google maps - just type in Coolangatta, then scroll down and left to see where the Tugun bypass crosses Kennedy Drive.

Cheers,

DagBoy