K9 Force In Qld

Seita

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao.

Lily & Gizmo are Huskies, Montu is a GSD.

Gizmo has dog aggression.

Montu is a working dog.

Lily is just normal :)

None of them have the best training, they can do tricks with 100% reliability (including sit and stay)... but that's it ;) Hopefully Lily will be better when we come.

ETA: Me = Wtf? I swear there wasn't a second page 2 seconds ago :laugh:

Edited by Lord Midol

:p So, so we make that 'what happens at camp, stays at camp??" :rofl::wave: :p :laugh:

My God, sounds like we may all be in for some MOMENTS. Monah is a bit dog aggressive, a bully sometimes and fearful, could be SLIGHTLY embarrassing for me!! My spin is lovely and my ACD too, Monah is the problem child, she was a singleton pup (but has an excellent pedigree and breeding), just doesn't like dogs in her face (unknown ones), she's adorable though, and keep it just between us, a little spoilt :rofl: In the vault guys!!!!!!!!

Midol, new puppy pics???

Looking foward to meeting Lily ;)

Ok! A last minute reminder to all those who still need to book or pay, if you pay before tomorrow you will receive a 10% discount on the workshop costs after that it goes back to the normal costs!

I'll be there for Saturday night and Sunday...

Just me and the Monster boy (Bakari) who is a 50kg Ridgeback who thinks he's the size of a beagle, a great big puppy that's a bit in your face and gets extremely excited around other dogs.

I miss out on the aggression seminar because I'm up the coast the night before and wont make it back in time :birthday:

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ren

Edited to ask - who else is camping??

Edited by Russ_Ren

I'll be there for Saturday night and Sunday...

Just me and the Monster boy (Bakari) who is a 50kg Ridgeback who thinks he's the size of a beagle, a great big puppy that's a bit in your face and gets extremely excited around other dogs.

I miss out on the aggression seminar because I'm up the coast the night before and wont make it back in time :birthday:

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ren

Edited to ask - who else is camping??

Maybe camping. Haven't spoken to OH about it yet.

If so, we'll drag the camper up and bring Callista as well, but she won't attend the training.

Couple of quick questions....

1. I normally walk Griffin on a harness, for his breathing, will this be ok for the training

2. Will we be using the undercover area during the training sessions? I'll be bringing a cool coat for Griff, but just thought I'd check anyway.

3. I've got titre test results for Griffin (well I'll have them next week), is that ok instead of vaccination papers

I think that's it.

Thanks.

Couple of quick questions....

3. I've got titre test results for Griffin (well I'll have them next week), is that ok instead of vaccination papers

I think that's it.

Thanks.

Did we need to bring vaccination papers? :thumbsup:

Cos uhh if so we will need to visit the vet :thumbsup:

On this note, what do we need to bring (aside from the obvious)?

I don't want to be the tool who doesn't bring everything needed ;)

Edited by spotty.spot.spot

Ok in answer to all the questions:

As far as I know there is no restrictions about vaccinations etc. The training area is well away from the boarding kennel and we're a private group and we haven't stated that we need vaccinations. Just don't bring a dog with kennel cough ok guys!!!

What to bring:

Yourself and your dog

A crate or something similar may be a good idea as well

Those who are staying in cabins have all linen etc provided so no need to bring anything

Those camping will need to bring tents and sleeping gear

Bring whatever you feel comfortable with for handling your dog, if you use a harness or a halti or a prong it doesn't matter. We aren't setting any restrictions about this!

Umm... lets see what else... a notebook and pen might be a good idea to take notes as there will be alot of information and you'll probably find yourself having difficulty remembering alot of what was said a few weeks after the workshop (I know I did last time I attended one).

No need to bring:

Chairs as there are heaps!

Or food as all meals are provided. You will need to have breakfast before you come on Saturday as we're not providing that and if you're coming on Sunday only then the same goes. There is no catering provided for the Saturday evening session except for continuous tea and coffee but as far as I know there isn't anyone who's only coming for that session.

As for where the workshop will be:

Saturday and Sunday full day sessions will be held under the mega shed thing, so we'll be in shade all day. If we do need to use the grassed area it won't be for long. The Saturday night will probably be inside where all the meals are taken.

And lastly, bring a good attitude and an open mind and be prepared to have some fun!! :thumbsup:

Ok, hope I covered everything.

I probably won't be online much between now and the workshop due to moving house and having no internet connection from tomorrow for about two weeks. Keep the questions etc coming and I will get to them just a little slower than I have been of late!

Only 2 weeks to go now guys!!