Gloves

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will she fetch a beer from the fridge for Mr Shoemonster yet???

My son taught Lara my old girl to go downstrairs, open the fridge, get a beer out, bring it upstairs and give it to him and to then go back downstairs and close the fridge door. It was the bestest party trick ever.

It was all taught in bits using a clicker and food and we did start with an empty can just in case.....

Oh yeah I have cut my hair! Choppeded it all off!

Ptolomy, please, something to pick on from those last 2 vids so I can make excuses to LP for not entering Novice yet!

:laugh::rofl: That won't work - coz if this wasn't going as well as it is - I'd just say - do the distance challenge :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:laugh:

Nah she has started creeping forward on that one, little bugger, got to go back to basics! Not enough to be half body length but it looks messy and not good enough!

OH wishes she would get him a beer, but he wishes more that she could go to the supermarket to get me icecream like he just did :rofl:

LP doesnt Leo get a drink from the fridge too?

Edited by shoemonster

Bloody animals, put Ed away so he wouldnt get in the way and went back to trying the bowls with Molls, put the food in the bowl, and guess who comes along for the fun, and steals Mollys treat

IMG_0730.jpg

molly just sat there looking at me like "mum, she's eating my treat!"

Oh and yep I'm using the dessert bowls out of the cupboard :rofl:

No one come to my place for dinner ok! Well if you do, just dont have dessert :laugh:

OK Shoey - you want me to pick you to bits - er sorry offer suggestions........

Firstly - change your sweet bowls for a bit smaller bowl - more the size of a glove ( the reason for this is just in case I ever get invited for dinner I want to make sure the dog bowl doesn't have dog lick in it :rofl: ) Its a bit like using huge stand signals - no need for it.

Have watched your retrieve videos. Gees Molly loves to retrieve - well it looks like it. SO make the most of it by really hoiking (hmm is that a real word??) the dumbbell so that she can belt out to it and belt back again. It always looks impressive when they do it.

As Molly presents - you drop your head - you would be better watching her all the way back in so that it is a gradually lowering rather than a nod - being super picky here.

Finally when you give her the finish signal you drop you right shoulder - no need for this - the dog doesn't need such a big signal.

OOps there was one more thing......... :laugh:

If you were to bend down slowly to take the dumbbell from Molly, would she drop it?

It looks like you are worried she will drop it so are rushing the take bit....

Back in my box now :rofl:

Excellent, thank you, will take it all on board

Its good cos I know when the comments are little fiddly things that I am doing the overall exercise ok (the dumbell, not the gloves hehe)

Ive been alternating taking the dumbell normally (but must be a bit quick) with bending down and bringng my hands but not taking it for up to 10 seconds, and she hasnt been dropping it, but I will make a mental note to slow up the normal one, cant have it looking like I think she is going to drop it

Yeah I am crap with my shoulders and using them too much, I was watching my heeling vids, and I still move my shoulder back to see her, and Im pushing her back, looks shocking too

Thanks!

OOps there was one more thing......... :laugh:

If you were to bend down slowly to take the dumbbell from Molly, would she drop it?

It looks like you are worried she will drop it so are rushing the take bit....

Back in my box now :rofl:

*notes to self* don't send Ptolomy any vids of me doing any training! I am the master of the 'snatch and grab' even though my dogs don't tend to drop the dumbells!

Hey Ptolomy - how do you stop the dog holding the metal article like a cigar?! I'm really worried he'll ram it down his throat!!!

Shoey - yup - Leo retrieves a drink from the fridge albeit an empty one - someone got lazy and didn't train the rest :rofl: