Feeding Chicken Carcasses To A "scoffer" ?

If mine get a chicken frame then they usually dont get anything else.

A frame is 250-300g which is about what Gizmo gets (he is 18kg) anyway. I just make sure over the period of a week I balance out his meat -> bone ratio.

So if I'm reading this right. When feeding a chicken frame on that day feed nothing else?

Thanks

It depends on the size of the dog. Orbit, for example, gets meat for breakfast, and about 3 chicken carcasses at night.

Edited by stormie

If mine get a chicken frame then they usually dont get anything else.

A frame is 250-300g which is about what Gizmo gets (he is 18kg) anyway. I just make sure over the period of a week I balance out his meat -> bone ratio.

So if I'm reading this right. When feeding a chicken frame on that day feed nothing else?

Thanks

Yah.

But you can't feed just chicken frames every night - need a balance of meat and bones.

Jet if you're intending to feed a BARF diet I suggest you buy or borrow the Dr Billinghurst books, or one of them at least. It explains everything in laymans terms, and then you can make up your own mind about what you want to feed, taking into account what you are able to source easily. Same goes for a raw diet, do some research :confused: I've received advice from the BARF books, raw websites, as well as people on here, and I take bits and pieces of everyone's advice, the bits that make sense to me the most, and feed my own sort of mix.

ETA: But...examples of other things they can be fed are RMB's, offal (not too often), mince, fresh meat, whole eggs, fish, yoghurt, some add veggies, etc.

Edited by cassie

Well it wasn't as bad a I thought, though not as pleasant as I would have liked..LOL

He did want to devour it, so I told him to drop it, which he did.

After telling him to "eat nicely", which is what I say when giving smaller treats, he picked it up gently at one end and then, I think, was going to try to swallow it whole :laugh:

I ended up holding it while he ate, he managed to eat it in about three or four pieces, chomping only a couple of times with each mouthful.

Glad to hear all went well. He will learn how to go about it but I would be supervising just in case. Mine have been getting a couple every 2 weeks as a treat and I still supervise. The girls are great but our boy still tries to eat his whole.

Hi guys, sorry to ask this in this thread, but I thought it was good place to ask. I have a 16kg (18 month old) staffy, who is walked everyday how many chicken frames a week should she be fed? Or better still does anyone just feed chicken frames everyday?

Its totally up to you but ours only get them once every 2 weeks as a treat, 2 each, and that's it, nothing else for that day. For all other meals they get a mix of dry food, mince & veges.

I personally wouldn't be feeding just the chicken each day, not a balanced diet for them.

Hi guys, sorry to ask this in this thread, but I thought it was good place to ask. I have a 16kg (18 month old) staffy, who is walked everyday how many chicken frames a week should she be fed? Or better still does anyone just feed chicken frames everyday?

Buster is 21kg, if he gets a frame he will probably only get one a day or 1 1/2 (cut in 1/4's because he's a sook and won't get into them) , he doesn't eat very much though and he generlaly gets under the 2-3% because he conserves all the enrgy he can.

Mac is 11kg and we can easily feed her 2-3 a day, her metabolism is throught he roof and she is constantly on the go so she eats much more than Buster despite being half his size.

Buster isn't mad on chicken frames in general though so I don't feed them very often.

Edited by busterlove

I guess this only helps people with large dogs, Kenny is 45kgs & has a chicken frame for breakfast & a Kilo of my Barf mix at night, plus he always has a bowl of dried food to graze on during the day if he gets peckish, but he doesn't usually eat much of that, I just don't like the thought of him being hungry when I'm not home. :laugh:

Edited by mantis