Help! Sierra Is Chewing The Outdoor Furniture!

Zombie Bait

Hey guys, just got home to find my 6 1/2 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback Sierra had chewed my 1 week old outdoor setting :laugh:

She has chewed on all the arms of the chairs (8 of them in total) and all four corners of the table.

The outdoor setting is wooden.

She has toys in the backyard, Brembo our older x breed as a compainion, we leave them alone for 6 - 8 hours a day due to work.

We havent being walking her much due to cold weather.

Could this be the answer (more exercise?)

Any suggestions on how to stop her from doing this would be appreciated .

Any suggestions on what I could put on the outdoor setting to act as a deterent?

Thanks in advance.

Ohh bugger! They always have to check out the new stuff!

I have just bought some stuff called McNasty on a recommendation from another thread. Haven't used it yet on the dogs (bought it for one particular boarding dog who is back next week) but I tasted it myself just to see and it is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! Kinda hot on your tongue and the taste is definately McNasty :rofl: Couldn't get rid of the taste even after Coke, milk and water - it just lingered for ages.

Got it online from Pets on the Park - good service, fast delivery.

cold weather doesnt mean no walking especially with a large breed active dog.

It is very boring sitting there 24/7 so the backyard becomes there amusement park.

Walking isnt just about exercise but mental stimulation from there daily routine.

Our GSD did the same with our new outdoor wooden setting... Every chair, the table, legs everything. We put half the chairs away and used vicks vapur rub and sprays which seems to do the trick until it rains again... they love the soft wood...

Thanks again guys, OH and I have discussed Sierra's chewing of the outdoor setting and have definately put it down to boredom.

The cold weather excuse is just that, an excuse, and OH and I need to get off our lazy bums and get Sierra moving!

OH took her for a walk/run this arvo, she has been past out on the couch since she has gotton home.

So....new regime of walk before and after work will hopefully tire her out somewhat and painting the outdoor setting with something horrible tasting will hopefully deter her from knawing on it again.

I just wish she had of chewed on the old plastic outdoor setting instead of the new expensive wooden one.....bloody dogs, no one to blame but ourselves! :rofl: