Which Is The Best Brush?

Which is the best brush to use when I'm drying my cavalier? I use the hairdryer but she takes forever to dry.

Is there a brush that will help lift her fur and help her dry quicker but one that keeps her coat nice and smooth so she doesn't end up with "bed" hair while she's still damp?

What do you all recommend?

I've never found that brushes make much difference to drying time, they're all much the same. At the moment I'm using a Plush Puppy Silver Bullet brush, but it may be too large for a cavalier. If you use a product like Chris Christensen's After Bath as a conditioner it will help to reduce your drying time. You could also buy a moisture magnet towel to soak up the water before you start drying. If you brush and blow until she's nearly dry and then put a light coat on her you'll find that when you take it off her coat will be flat, smooth and shiny.

Depends what you call ages ;)

Spending 2 hrs blow drying haireis is normal for me BUT you must make sure you remove as much water as possible with towels or magnet.

The adult cavie i was showing for awhile took just over an hour to dry with a big dryers

Which is the best brush to use when I'm drying my cavalier? I use the hairdryer but she takes forever to dry.

Is there a brush that will help lift her fur and help her dry quicker but one that keeps her coat nice and smooth so she doesn't end up with "bed" hair while she's still damp?

What do you all recommend?

A human hair dryer has heat but insufficient air flow to dry a dog's coat. You would be better off purchasing a dryer suitable for dogs. Animal dryers rely on air flow not heat to dry.

"A human hair dryer has heat but insufficient air flow to dry a dog's coat. "

Depends on which human one you have.

I actually have a great human one which i can dry my setters in the same time as the dog ones ,its just awkward to hold.

Im presuming this is a pet owner who isnt going to spend hundreds to blow dry there cavie.

In the old days all we had where human hand held

Yep, I've got a ripper hand dryer that I take to shows. Have in the past done a show bath on an American Cocker at a country show and dried the complete dog with it too. Just need to grow a third hand or have somebody else hold it so that you can brush at the same time.

I like Plush Puppy pin brushes and Porcupine brushes for drying. A soft slicker is useful too but used incorrectly can cause a lot of pain to the dog.

. Just need to grow a third hand or have somebody else hold it so that you can brush at the same time.

Have you thought about a Groomers arm? Groomers sells them, not too dear either.

Had one, hated it, sold it on.

I wish I could ST, but mine is so old the name has worn off it and I've not seen another like it in any of the shops.

It was a Turbo Dryer of some kind. Has a button on it that you can push to cool the airflow down as well.