Alternative Breeds (chihuahua!)

OK not for everyone but I consider it an art amongst dog trainers to have a high performance and controlled bitework animal, be it PP, Civil, IPO, Ring etc

I found some 'alternative breed' videos and lets see what people think ... I'm giving a couple of my own opinions feel free to discuss :rofl:

rather dissapointed - this is not a breed for bitework by a long shot! A lot of front bites and dropping the target, one dog even wont bite when taunted :rofl: they should be guarding livestock not pushed into this

Nice to see a boxer doing what it was bred to do ... who wants to train a boxer in Schutzhund :rofl:!!

Another Boxer!

Cos my friend turned me into a sucker for Boxers :rofl:

Pretty good, since I dont know this dogs level of training I would say its not doing too badly for the breed especially in the bite

OK Despite the fact that any decoy wearing a pair of thongs is an idiot ... the dog has good prospect but needs a more energetic and confident owner. Notice the dog losing interest after he nearly whacks him in the mouth with the plastic bottle after he takes a weak front bite on the tug. Bull breeds are not always the most energetic but he could go a long way in improving his behavior before continuing training this dog

Chihuahua ... yes really

WHEN IS THE CHIHUAHUA CLUB IMPLEMENTING SHUTZHUND AS A STANDARD!!!!

rather dissapointed - this is not a breed for bitework by a long shot! A lot of front bites and dropping the target, one dog even wont bite when taunted :rolleyes: they should be guarding livestock not pushed into this

I have seen this video before, a friend that has CAO's has send me this link.

Apparently these arent really trained dogs, I mean as in proper bite work.

Causasian Ovcharka are a LGD and I think these are the breeding tests that the Russians have done and filmed. Caucasians are known for guarding, and that included taking on any humans.

I have the whole emial with the judges critiques of all dogs, but its in Polish its way to long for me to translate. Im happy to send it to you if you have someone translate it for you.