Getting/keeping Weight On Old Dog

B-Q

Sophie's just turned 11, its been getting harder and harder to keep weight on her for a while now but its getting rediculous, even on 2 feeds a day I can still see some of her backbone, I hate it. And not small feeds, she probably eats eqivalent to 4-6 chicken frames a day.

Atm she's mainly on chicken because its cheap and we're not really rolling in it atm, but I'm working atm and could buy some extra if it will help bulk her out.

When I cut the fat off meats for the boys, I feed it straight to her and we brought some of those bones from the supermarket that look like they're just fat and bone.

What is there that is more high calorie that might help?

She's a boxer/bull arab/whatever mix, 11 years old, not desexed, used to weigh about 42kg when she was young, now she varies from 32when at her worst but we usually can keep her around 36kg

Okay, she's off to the vet next week to have a couple of other things checked out aswell so I'll bring it up.

It didn't really start with winter but the cold hasn't helped, despite the fact she's been in her coat pretty much the entire time, can barely get it off her.

We try to keep her weight pretty low because her back end is pretty poor but she looks just a bit too thin atm.

thankyou

Edited by busterlove