Diy Aglity

Thanks kelpiechick.

For Lelune -

Yes, I totally endorse the Greg Derret Fouidation video, and I've just finished going through the Susan Salo one for the first time - and trying some of the exercises at Club - went well. I haven't got the Kim Collins book - but looks like that's my next purchase.

Thanks for that info about experience at your club. Sounds very much like ours. So it's worth persevering then. We're short of instructors too, but we have a solid core of fairly successful triallers who get the picture. Part of the problem is time, since some intructors are doing obedience, puppy class etc. as well.

I would say to the but I just want to have fun people - Yes so do we, we also want your dog to be safe. To be safe your dog must be able to perform some basic foundation exercises before we hoon them around a course.

I got some 20mm water pipe and made my weavers, some larger pipe and made 6 jump wings and 3 bars, lots of exercises you can do with just 3 bar jumps. You can use 90cm tomato stakes as weavers. It is not how high your dog jumps in the beginning that is important it is how it jumps, they need to learn correct form over a jump before we can ever expect them to do it safely at height and speed and not injure themselves, and as many others have mentioned, teach them to jump no matter where you are, over means go between two wings - the pole can be on the ground, the height doesn't matter. Over also means you run and go over the jump even if I am standing still. You can start teaching them how to go through a tunnel with a decent sized - size appropriate cardboard box. Good luck