Barf Patties

bozdog

I was such a fan of the old DR B's patties until they changed their packaging and I think changed their recipe I now buy Canine Country BARF .Their new portion packs looks like the old patties doesn't smell and is so convenient and easy to use my dogs love it.Now I pay for the ingredients not the packaging has anyone else tried the Canine Country BARF in NSW .

I make my own......But I wonder if Billinghurst knows abotu this product or not, as I felt quite sure he owns the trademark "BARF", if so they cant call their product anything with that word in it.......Have they been around long I wonder???

I make my own......But I wonder if Billinghurst knows abotu this product or not, as I felt quite sure he owns the trademark "BARF", if so they cant call their product anything with that word in it.......Have they been around long I wonder???

BARF is not a trademark just an acronym that is why DR B uses Genuine Aussie RAW.

Dr B doesn't make his BARF it is made by Bigdog Petfoods.It is a bit like in America where BARFWORLD own the right to DR Billinghurst BARF DIet and they make a BARF.Why not here.

The difference is of course that a true barf is not all with chicken bone and beef offal that is why I changed as well to Canine Country BARF so many dogs have chicken allergies .

i feed it to all 4 of my dogs with great results :thumbsup:

I hear in Qld CC BARF is taking over from Dr B's or should I say Bigdog petfoods BARF.(lol)CC BARF is a superior product really the results with my dogs has been amazing .I have put a few of my BARF friends onto CC and their dogs allergies(due to too much chicken I would think)have cleared up .I was so glad it was here in NSW and it is starting to get a following here as well.

BARF is not a trademark just an acronym that is why DR B uses Genuine Aussie RAW.

Dr B doesn't make his BARF it is made by Bigdog Petfoods.It is a bit like in America where BARFWORLD own the right to DR Billinghurst BARF DIet and they make a BARF.Why not here.

The difference is of course that a true barf is not all with chicken bone and beef offal that is why I changed as well to Canine Country BARF so many dogs have chicken allergies .

Are you trying to say that real barf has no chicken bones?

Are you trying to say that real barf has no chicken bones?

How can a TRue BARF be made using chicken bone in all its product as it is supposed to be an evolutionary diet.So it is my belief that you should have the bone and offal from the same meat source don't you think.?

Chicken is a high allergen meat so is Beef and it may not be the cause of the allergy in a dog but it would add to the problem as these meats are both acidic .

That is why a lot of dry food companies now make the protein from other source.(I never use dry food of any kind but it is interesting.

Canine Country BARF also has fish in their LOW Allergy white mix and only a small amount of chicken with turkey makes more sense to me.They also have duck which is another Low Allergy white meat.

BARF = biologically appropriate raw food?

Offal = organs.

The chicken frames I feed usually have bits and pieces of organs left in them.

Of course that would be a true BARF then wouldn't it so why would DR B's have added beef offal to his product then and if you try to avoid chicken by using Lamb his (or should I say Bigdog petfoods Barf because they make his BARF)is chicken bone and beef offal how does that make sense.Anyhow from what I know Dr B's is all chicken anyhow they only have 20% of the meat source on their label and under petfood regulations this is ok to do.

Just as many dogs have allergies to red meats such as beef and lamb, as they do with chicken.

Just out of curiosity, are you linked with CC Barf at all? All your posts seem to be about pushing them :(

I was such a fan of the old DR B's patties until they changed their packaging and I think changed their recipe I now buy Canine Country BARF .

I agree, my girls love the old barf patties but would not eat the new ones.

The new ones seem more watery, I suspect it may be the packaging method. Maybe they have now automated and have to make the patties more watery to nicely flow through the injection moulding machine, just a theory.

Edited by BigDaz

Just out of curiosity, are you linked with CC Barf at all? All your posts seem to be about pushing them :)

:laugh: That's what I was thinking, the OP deserves commission.

My dogs like the CC Barf, but my cats won't touch it so I still get them Dr B's patties. Interesting that the cats won't touch it as they eat all sorts of other minced up meats from another supplier :rofl: They simply will not have a bar of CC Barf though.

Just as many dogs have allergies to red meats such as beef and lamb, as they do with chicken.

Just out of curiosity, are you linked with CC Barf at all? All your posts seem to be about pushing them :)

Linked as a happy consumer of their product and having studied animal nutrition for many years after having many of my own previously to feeding raw food have problems.

As far as the allergies to certian meats go why lamb is the preferred meat by the animal naturopaths and recommended by most vets these days if your dog has any allergies as chicken and Beef are acidic meats and inflame the conditions and why lots of dry food companies now make other protein based foods like Eagle Pack with their duck.

I love the new BARF packaging! No longer do I have to throw fozen patties on the concrete to seperate them LOL

Yes smashing them on the concrete was at times trying but I found trying to open that tray then get rid of the boxand then scoop out that watery stuff inside more annoying and I like to see what is in the food I feed to my dogs and cats how do you know what was in it anymore

without sounding like i am on commission CC barf have a portion pack 6 serves much easier to use and look like the old patties did before they changed the packaging.

I love the new BARF packaging! No longer do I have to throw fozen patties on the concrete to seperate them LOL

Yes smashing them on the concrete was at times trying but I found trying to open that tray then get rid of the boxand then scoop out that watery stuff inside more annoying and I like to see what is in the food I feed to my dogs and cats how do you know what was in it anymore

without sounding like i am on commission CC barf have a portion pack 6 serves much easier to use and look like the old patties did before they changed the packaging.

I slice the toplid with a knife down the side and tip upside down and nothing gets left? Are you defrosting overnight in the Fridge? Get rid of box? You put it in the bin LOL

Um, you look at the ingrediants to see what's in them LOL

I think you're sounding more like you're on commission LOL

I slice the toplid with a knife down the side and tip upside down and nothing gets left? Are you defrosting overnight in the Fridge? Get rid of box? You put it in the bin LOL

Um, you look at the ingrediants to see what's in them LOL

I think you're sounding more like you're on commission LOL

ingredients on packaging is the greatest misleader in any petfood.check it on the PIAA regulations tell all.

a product can be called Beef but only contain 20% of that meat.

if anyone would like to pay commission it would be good then i could feed my 7 dogs and 4 cats for nothing.

so what are you paying for ingredients or packaging?

I prefer to pay for the ingredients myself and see that something looks like it says it is otherwise I could close my eyes and feed dry food.

CC Barf doesn't seem to have penetrated NSW very far yet?? I know I can't get any in Wollongong, unless someone knows something I don't? In any case Dr B's suits us fine, the doggies love it mixed in with their dry and I just lift the lid off the little pod and tip it out...can't imagine how you could mess this up?

CC Barf doesn't seem to have penetrated NSW very far yet?? I know I can't get any in Wollongong, unless someone knows something I don't? In any case Dr B's suits us fine, the doggies love it mixed in with their dry and I just lift the lid off the little pod and tip it out...can't imagine how you could mess this up?

not sure you would have to call and ask them the number is on their site.just out of curiosity if you luv barf why feed dry?