Albury Flyball Comp

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone loves Dudley. He is great for demos etc because the crowd think he is hilarious. He has got the best temperament too, most people assume he is neutered (too much hair to tell :)) as he is so great with other dogs. Last night we had 8 dogs squeezed in the tiny cabin while we had drinks and not a single problem with any of them. It was great.

He is so incredibly gentle with their 6 year old daughter its amazing. I ended up sharing a cabin with him and he positioned himself on the daughters floor while we were still up, then moved into the middle of the 2 bedrooms once we went to bed. Phil said he regularly makes rounds to check on everyone and make sure all is as it should be.

He loves that tug ball thing a little too much though. He goes through one every training session and a few each comp. It isn't always easy to get him to let go unfortunately... We had success the other night when Charlie ran straight into the side of him chasing a ball and it shocked him into letting go. If only we could do that in the ring- make another dog barge into him!

Nup, I had my camera with me but not much luck with photos sorry. There just wasn't enough light for my poor camera to cope with. Only photos I have are the ones of my team sitting around as the dogs were still enough for me to slow down shutter speed.

We had a great weekend. It is always fun racing teams from other states. These "away" comps are about sooo much more than the racing and it was great to PICSI sending a team so we had another NSW team representing our state.

umm - St George was there too from NSW, not just PICSI and Norwest! Plus 3 teams from ACT.

Fabulous effort by Julie and the Albury guys. Probably the best organised comp I've been to. who would have thought 89 races and packed up and driving away from presentation by 6pm. Excellent job. Maybe there will be room for a few best 3 of 5 races for 1st division next year.

and good egg and bacon rolls - well done Trish

We had a great weekend. It is always fun racing teams from other states. These "away" comps are about sooo much more than the racing and it was great to PICSI sending a team so we had another NSW team representing our state.

umm - St George was there too from NSW, not just PICSI and Norwest! Plus 3 teams from ACT.

Fabulous effort by Julie and the Albury guys. Probably the best organised comp I've been to. who would have thought 89 races and packed up and driving away from presentation by 6pm. Excellent job. Maybe there will be room for a few best 3 of 5 races for 1st division next year.

and good egg and bacon rolls - well done Trish

Southern Cross sent 2 teams as well, so there were 8 Sydney teams all up. Although the fact that we got a team together surprised even us (some of us were looking at running non-competitively with a VIC team just so we could still go).

I second the egg and bacon roll comment- I had a few of them throughout the day, very nice!

I can now say I have been to Victoria (even if it was only just) :D

• 3 weeks later...