Dog Not Eating Properly

I have a young dog that just doesnt eat well. I give him chicken frames and brisket bones and he just sits there and looks at them. I gave him one at like 7am this morning and when i got home after work it was still there. He never used to be like this, he used to eat normally. He is also the same with his dinner. He doesnt skoff his food! Is this normal? my OH thinks its cos he has no other dogs to compete against.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Maybe he is depressed as he gets left at home alot cos i work full time. I feel like a bad mother

id prefer not to say breed other than a large breed and he is 11 months old.

I havnt taken him to the vet yet but think its prob a good idea. His teeth are fine, very healthy looking. He has always been like this but he seems to be getting ALOT worse. He is a show dog, and therefor is hard to bait in the ring cos of this reason.

I guess i will just speak to the vet.

id prefer not to say breed other than a large breed and he is 11 months old.

I havnt taken him to the vet yet but think its prob a good idea. His teeth are fine, very healthy looking. He has always been like this but he seems to be getting ALOT worse. He is a show dog, and therefor is hard to bait in the ring cos of this reason.

I guess i will just speak to the vet.

More than likely Tonsillitis.........if so the iodine method usually cures it while antibiotic method usually sees it recurring, & removal is best .....

check his back molar's 11mths is about the time they start to break through and these would be causing him some discomfort. If he's not eating bones the way he used too its probably becasue his back teeth (the ones he using for cruching up bones) are sore.

A few of mine have shown similar signs when the molars were breaking through. But if its not obviously those molars I'd pop to the Vet