Ccd Sweepstakes

Hi guys, just wondering if you can help.

What is CCD Sweepstakes??

Is it just the same as CCD but off lead? or is it the same as novice? (is there a change of position or retrieve?)

Does it count towards a title?

Can anyone tll me the excercises in CCD sweepstakes?

Thanks in advance

Border Lover, as far as I know there isn't any sweepstakes for CCD, only for the other classes (novice up). In regards to other classes it is a way for trainee judges to get experience actually judging dogs working, the only one that is compulsary is Novice sweepstakes where you must score at least 150 points (rest of the requirements remain the same) to qualify to enter a novice class at a trial.

If you want to find out the rules of obedience trialling I suggest you have a look at the rulebook, copy of it is available HERE

Edited by MrsD

Thanks,

I have read the rule book from start to finish and there is nothing in there about sweepstakes. I have started trialling in CCD and agility, but wondered why some of the trial advertisements say Obedience sweepstakes, and CCD is on the list.

Sweepstakes are just a weird QLD thing :kissbetter: , you should contact your QLD CC and ask about it. I think you only need a sweepstake pass to enter Novice but not for CCD and only in QLD Novice Obedience trials.

Enter in Northern NSW and you don't have to worry. :cry:

Hi BorderLover! There is no difference between a CCD trial and a CCD sweepstakes, most sweepstakes trials run a CCD trial at the same time as any judge can judge it regardless of whether they are a trainee or not. I was a bit confused when I started trialling again at the start of this year but a few different judges cleared it up for me!

Sweepstakes are just a weird QLD thing :laugh: , you should contact your QLD CC and ask about it. I think you only need a sweepstake pass to enter Novice but not for CCD and only in QLD Novice Obedience trials.

Enter in Northern NSW and you don't have to worry. :laugh:

:laugh: We're not "weird" we just like to be different!!!

CCD:

Is firstly heelwork done on lead, fast, medium and slow paces with stands, automatic sits and downs, figure of eight (heelwork still on lead, going around tow people) which is either done at the beginning or end of the heelwork.

Next exercise is the stand for examination which is again done on lead. Returning around your dog.

Last exercise is the recall, which is done off lead, you only leave your dog for a short distance.

Than come the group exercises when each competitor enters the ring together and you all line up for the one minute sit and the two minute down stays..... leaving your dog and going a short distance away.

CCD title after 3 passes.

Novice sweepstakes: Which you require in Queensland before you can enter CD...... 150/200

Heelwork all done off lead.

Stand for examination off lead.

Recall (can be length of ring) also finishes at end of exercises

Change of position from stand to a down, or retrieve the dumbbell.

Group exercises as before, leaving to go right across to the other side of the ring. This time doing a one minute sit and a three minute down.

These are the same requirements that are needed for your CD title, again 3 passes are required.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Cala

Thanks,

I have read the rule book from start to finish and there is nothing in there about sweepstakes. I have started trialling in CCD and agility, but wondered why some of the trial advertisements say Obedience sweepstakes, and CCD is on the list.

CCD is on the list, but it is a trial class, not a sweepstakes class, it is to get judges in training more experience. Only Novice & up are sweepstakes, but they often have CCD classes to encourage new triallers to start competing. As has been mentioned before, you are only actually required to enter a novice sweepstakes (& score 150/200) before competing at a novice trail, all the rest are really just for fun (& if you can win anything, even better :( ).

And PAX, who are you calling weird? :laugh: :rolleyes: :)

Thanks everyone.

I think I finally get it! hahaha

I am new to trialling and just have these stupid questions!!

Oh and I have a Brag by the way - We finally entered our first CCD trial and got 1st place with 95/100. Woohoo.

1 quallie down, 2 to go. (And then Novice Sweepstakes right??)

Thanks everyone.

I think I finally get it! hahaha

I am new to trialling and just have these stupid questions!!

Oh and I have a Brag by the way - We finally entered our first CCD trial and got 1st place with 95/100. Woohoo.

Well Done!!!! :cheer::laugh: That's a great score! Yes you are right, novice sweepstakes is next... although if you are entering a sweepstakes CCD trial you can enter the novice sweepstakes class as well and if you get that, then you can forget about the rest of CCD!

Woohooo, congratulations Border Lover ;) :) :rolleyes: :rofl: (yes, novice sweepstakes before novice, see what Seita said above :) )