How Much Food

Aside from the fact that she probably isn't registered & possibly not even up to breed standard, you may be letting yourself in for alot of heartache if you do decide to let her have a litter.

You could go through most of the threads in Breeders to find out what can happen but I will give you the most recent example of what happened to me. Now you may or may not get beginner's luck & this may or may not happen to you but is it worth the chance to find out?

When Loo, my blue bitch, had her litter this year, the first pup was stuck. It was hindfirst with a leg caught behind it. This pup was stuck for over an hour before I was able to grab the one leg & pull, with the mother panicking by the way which meant that I couldn't get the leg back around & the result was a dead pup. To follow, there were 2 more stillborn pups & then a pup that just couldn't quite get breathing & died a couple hours later. If I had not been there to help or had no knowledge of what to do in that situation, I would have lost the mother as well as the whole litter. This is not uncommon either :nahnah: Then, we lost the mother when the pups were 2 1/2 weeks old to a horrible accident & had to handraise them. There were only 3 surviving pups but it was still quite a chore to mix up the milk replacer (goat's milk & yogurt) & feed them every couple of hours. What if your bitch has 8-14 pups that you have to handfeed every two hours?? What if she won't accept the pups at all or her milk doesn't come in? Do you know the cost of a C-section if she does need help whelping? ALOT!

Read through the Rescue forum & you will read all about the pups that are now in shelters because someone "wanted their bitch to have a litter" but had no clue what they were doing or who they were selling the pups too :cheer:.

For the sake of all the dogs & pups that are already homeless in shelters, desex your bitch! Please.

what do you mean not up to breed standard! I have a friend how is a breeder and even she has problems sumtimes with her dogs and there pups i think you are trying to give everyone else advice and you dont even know what you are doing.

If your dog is a main registered Stafford have a chat with your breeder and see if she thinks the bitch is good enough to be bred from, but be aware that probably only 5 or 10% of registered dogs are actually show and/or breeding quality. You will then have to join your state's CC and pass an examination before you can get a prefix. Staffords can be prone to various hereditary diseases so make sure that you read up on these and ensure that your dog is tested and cleared of any of these diseases prior to breeding her. The sire you choose must also be health tested and and cleared.

If the bitch is on limited register or not registered at all desex her. Bitches do not need to experience motherhood and actually have no maternal instincts at all except when they have puppies themselves, dogs are not like humans. If you love your dog and wish to keep her safe and happy the very best thing you can do for her is desex her.

And believe me I do know what I'm doing.

If your dog is a main registered Stafford have a chat with your breeder and see if she thinks the bitch is good enough to be bred from, but be aware that probably only 5 or 10% of registered dogs are actually show and/or breeding quality. You will then have to join your state's CC and pass an examination before you can get a prefix. Staffords can be prone to various hereditary diseases so make sure that you read up on these and ensure that your dog is tested and cleared of any of these diseases prior to breeding her. The sire you choose must also be health tested and and cleared.

If the bitch is on limited register or not registered at all desex her. Bitches do not need to experience motherhood and actually have no maternal instincts at all except when they have puppies themselves, dogs are not like humans. If you love your dog and wish to keep her safe and happy the very best thing you can do for her is desex her.

And believe me I do know what I'm doing.

thanks for that i just got a bit angrey when the other person started saying all of that stuff without knowing anything about my dog.At least you sound like you know what your talking about.

Aside from the fact that she probably isn't registered & possibly not even up to breed standard, you may be letting yourself in for alot of heartache if you do decide to let her have a litter.

You could go through most of the threads in Breeders to find out what can happen but I will give you the most recent example of what happened to me. Now you may or may not get beginner's luck & this may or may not happen to you but is it worth the chance to find out?

When Loo, my blue bitch, had her litter this year, the first pup was stuck. It was hindfirst with a leg caught behind it. This pup was stuck for over an hour before I was able to grab the one leg & pull, with the mother panicking by the way which meant that I couldn't get the leg back around & the result was a dead pup. To follow, there were 2 more stillborn pups & then a pup that just couldn't quite get breathing & died a couple hours later. If I had not been there to help or had no knowledge of what to do in that situation, I would have lost the mother as well as the whole litter. This is not uncommon either ;) Then, we lost the mother when the pups were 2 1/2 weeks old to a horrible accident & had to handraise them. There were only 3 surviving pups but it was still quite a chore to mix up the milk replacer (goat's milk & yogurt) & feed them every couple of hours. What if your bitch has 8-14 pups that you have to handfeed every two hours?? What if she won't accept the pups at all or her milk doesn't come in? Do you know the cost of a C-section if she does need help whelping? ALOT!

Read through the Rescue forum & you will read all about the pups that are now in shelters because someone "wanted their bitch to have a litter" but had no clue what they were doing or who they were selling the pups to :laugh: .

For the sake of all the dogs & pups that are already homeless in shelters, desex your bitch! Please.

what do you mean not up to breed standard! I have a friend how is a breeder and even she has problems sumtimes with her dogs and there pups i think you are trying to give everyone else advice and you dont even know what you are doing.

Well for one thing you didn't mention anything about her background which would have told us that she was reg'd. You just came off as another pet owner who wants to breed their bitch & your statement that you wanted her to experience a litter didn't help.

As for me, I know exactly what I am doing & if it wasn't for my knowledge, I would have lost that bitch & her entire litter. I was trying to show you the horrors of what can happen :laugh: Excuse me for not being a mind reader & knowing that you have a friend that breeds or that your bitch is registered.

If your bitch is deemed worthy then good luck with her & I'm sure you will do great & we will all help.

thanks for that i just got a bit angrey when the other person started saying all of that stuff without knowing anything about my dog.At least you sound like you know what your talking about.

Actually, CDM does in fact know what she is talking about. She was giving you a very real scenario that could happen if you let you bitch have a litter.

When Loo, my blue bitch, had her litter this year, the first pup was stuck. It was hindfirst with a leg caught behind it. This pup was stuck for over an hour before I was able to grab the one leg & pull, with the mother panicking by the way which meant that I couldn't get the leg back around & the result was a dead pup. To follow, there were 2 more stillborn pups & then a pup that just couldn't quite get breathing & died a couple hours later. If I had not been there to help or had no knowledge of what to do in that situation, I would have lost the mother as well as the whole litter. This is not uncommon either :) Then, we lost the mother when the pups were 2 1/2 weeks old to a horrible accident & had to handraise them. There were only 3 surviving pups but it was still quite a chore to mix up the milk replacer (goat's milk & yogurt) & feed them every couple of hours. What if your bitch has 8-14 pups that you have to handfeed every two hours?? What if she won't accept the pups at all or her milk doesn't come in? Do you know the cost of a C-section if she does need help whelping? ALOT!

Read through the Rescue forum & you will read all about the pups that are now in shelters because someone "wanted their bitch to have a litter" but had no clue what they were doing or who they were selling the pups to :) .

Well for one thing you didn't mention anything about her background which would have told us that she was reg'd. You just came off as another pet owner who wants to breed their bitch & your statement that you wanted her to experience a litter didn't help.

As for me, I know exactly what I am doing & if it wasn't for my knowledge, I would have lost that bitch & her entire litter. I was trying to show you the horrors of what can happen ;) Excuse me for not being a mind reader & knowing that you have a friend that breeds or that your bitch is registered.

If your bitch is deemed worthy then good luck with her & I'm sure you will do great & we will all help.