Eagle Pack Dry Food

Hello,

To all those who feed their dogs Eagle Pack either now or before, what is the difference between the Holistic and Super Premium range? :)

My pup had "knuckling over" some time back and I read on the website advising to feed her Eagle Pack Super Premium till she gets better. It has been about 2 weeks now and she is now all good.

Before, we fed her a raw diet with Eagle Pack Holistic as supplement. Why do we have to feed her Super Premium and not Holistic? Isn't Holistic suppose to be better since it is more expensive?

Not sure about other varieties but in the Large/Giant breed puppy, the Super Premium (purple bag) contains corn while the Holistic Select (green) doesnt.

I've fed both and prefer the Holistic variety since corn doesnt agree with my pup.

I've fed both and prefer the Holistic variety since corn doesnt agree with my pup.

Same here, corn doesn't agree with two of my dogs and I think that's the main difference between the ordinary and holistic varieties.

I struggle with this myself a bit- this is what i conclude from having spoken with my sales rep. The main difference i think between the two is the super premium contains more fillers (corn/ rice- a high quality and slightly more digestible cereal for dogs) and slightly lower quality ingredients than the holistic. The holistic contains only organic and free range human grade ingredients and many natural supplements. The holistic select is probably IMO the best dry food you can feed. I still think the super premium range is a cut above the other "super premium" dry food available on the market today. The holistic is great if you are targeting a specific problem i.e skin irritations or tummy upsets but for all other "normal" dogs there is absolutely nothing wrong with the super premium range.

My pup had "knuckling over" some time back and I read on the website advising to feed her Eagle Pack Super Premium till she gets better.

I would keep her on it permanantly if she's doing well on it to start with. Bot the super premium and the holistic are excellent foods for dogs. Supplement with raw chicken pieces (necks, frames, wings etc) and raw meaty bones and you have a first class diet for the rest of the dogs life.

My pup had "knuckling over" some time back and I read on the website advising to feed her Eagle Pack Super Premium till she gets better.

I would keep her on it permanantly if she's doing well on it to start with. Bot the super premium and the holistic are excellent foods for dogs. Supplement with raw chicken pieces (necks, frames, wings etc) and raw meaty bones and you have a first class diet for the rest of the dogs life.

Yup, that is what we thought too :laugh:

We feed Eagle Pack Super Premium in the mornings & evenings and give her a chicken frame or neck in the afternoon.

I'm not really a fan of can food (in general) as i have said before but i think it is great (eagle pack cans that is) to use a mixer just to add a bit of flavor and stimulate appetite. My 2 pups weren't all that keen on there dry food so i have been mixing just one teaspoon of eagle pack can food in with the dry and they gobble everything down. As far as can food goes eagle pack is defiantly the best IMO, but i still would not be feeding it as a complete meal. Although the eagle pack cans are a little more sexpensive when you use just a tiny amount (1 teaspoon) just to stimulate appetite, 1 can last my 2 pups a week. If your dog is happy eating the dry on its own i would not bother with the cans.