Tracking Harness

I'm looking for a tracking harness for my Weimaraner and was wondering what you're using? I had a look at the Black Dog one - does anybody have experience with that one?

I think I tried 3 harness before I was happy with my final one.

I know people use flyball harnesses. I'm pretty sure they one I have now is the Black Dog one.

You just have to make sure it's a nice fit and doesn't slide around on the dog's back.

Have fun tracking.

I'd use the Blackdog car harness rather than the flyball one. The flyball one encompasses the dog's chest and restricts shoulder movement. The car one is a Y design that doesn't.

Any Y harness would be OK.

ETA: A Y tracking harness is at the bottom of this page

Edited by poodlefan

There are usually people within the tracking clubs or who participate in tracking that make harnesses. All my dogs are individually measured and they have their own ones. Benefit is that they fit perfectly and they're not a rip off like Black Dog products (good products but too bloody expensive)!

I purchased my two from Callcoma Kelpies - best tracking harness ever. It can be adjusted quickly and easily. If you want one contact Grafton Obedience Club, Carole Bryant 02 66449326 and as for Mandy Sampsons phone number (Callcoma Kelpies) as I have lost the contact no. But I can recommend her harness.

I have a black dog harness and love it. It is comfortable for the dogs. I phoned, measured 3 dogs and they made it adjustable to fit all 3. The beauty is that it is very easy to get on quickly.