Blackdog Infin8 And Training Halter

The infin8 has the lead attached to a martingale at the back of the neck and the noseband doesn't tighten, the training halter has the lead attached to the noseband which does tighten.

Yeah, has different straps though, thinner than halti. I haven't used either on my dogs (have used the halti with Zoe a bit), have used an infin8 with someone else's dog though (Weim). Was a bit of a nutter of a dog (nice, but very no lead manners) and I didn't get to do regular training work with it, just walk it, so not sure really how good they are.

I haven't used the training halter but I do have a Blackdog infinate8 which is great. I don't use it all the time, but when I do it definately gives you more control... I like the infinate8 because it attaches at the top of the neck and not around or from underneath the nose... in my opinion this is safer for the dog if they were to try and lunge for something.

I have used both and Bailey hated the constant pressure (although not much) that the training halter put on his nose when the lead was attached.

He doesn't love but he doesn't mind the Infin8 halter. I find that over time with training I have been able to loosen the nose band of the Infin8 so that he is not getting as much correction (he hasn't needed it). I also like that the Infin8 doesn't twist there head around like the training halter can, for a lunging dog (like Bailey) I was worried about that. He still wears the Infin8 when we are out!!!

Quentin is only little but a pain to walk especially together with Hera as he's in her face all the time, so to get out of it, she goes faster and he tries to keep up. ;)

I currently use the Halti which he's slowly getting used to but I don't like the pulling on his muzzle so the Infin8 sounds like it pulls behind the ears. I will order one for him!

Thank you! :)