Vet's All Natural Food

WITHOUT starting a major thread on diet/commercial vs. homemade/BARF/"premium" kibble, I was wondering if anyone else has tried Vet's All Natural Premium? It now comes pre-mixed with roo meat (not just muscle meat - ALL the bits of roo, offal etc, all raw)

I am currently using the "Allerblend" on my itchy dog and have been happy with the results so far.

I don't know very much about nutrition, but have read a few of the threads trying to learn about more "natural" feeding.

Has anyone else tried this specific product, and am I doing the right thing by my dog?

Hi Stirling,

I use Vets All Natural Health Booster as I make up my own raw dinners for my guys and really love it but am thinking about giving the Allerblend a try as I have one with skin issues. I have just started giving her the VAN Omega Blend Oil but it hasnt been long enough to see a difference yet. I think the VAN range are great. My dogs look fantastic and have soooo much energy. I don't hesitate to recommend it.

S.

Thanks, pomquest. I have been using the VAN Flax Seed Oil for a while and saw a slight improvement in his itchiness - his skin was definitely much less dry. I have only been using Allerblend for a few weeks. There may have been some improvement, but I will probably need to give it a bit longer.

The reason I ask, is that it's very expensive to feed my 48kg Deerhound on it, so I want to be sure I am not wasting money... I will happily use it if it helps him, though.

Thanks again.

Someone asks this question every few weeks so if you do a search you should find lots of info :laugh:

I've used it myself with great results, the only thing I don't like about it is the soaking time, which is just a minor inconvenience really.

I'm currently trying my dogs on Phudds, which is a similar thing made by Browns that is just add water, ie no soak time. Condition wise the dogs are looking great and they certainly like it but roughly since I started them on it Nova has been having weird episodes of gagging and drooling in the night, a couple of hours after dinner time. I'm fairly sure the timing is actually coincidence and it's not caused by the new food, but I'm not 100% at this stage.

Someone asks this question every few weeks so if you do a search you should find lots of info :laugh:

I've used it myself with great results, the only thing I don't like about it is the soaking time, which is just a minor inconvenience really.

Thanks haven. The Allerblend is already mixed with roo meat, so no soaking involved. Comes in 800g packs in the fridge at vets.

I will do a search.

Thanks again! :rofl: