Dog Biscuits

cavmad

I want to make my own dog bikkies. I think there was a thread on it a while ago. Anyone remember it? I don't feed BARF but I do only feed raw vegies, fresh fruit, meat and bones, occassionally an egg and some yoghurt so I want to stick to natural ingredients as much as possible. Anyone have any good recipes, keeping in mind that my Stella stacks on weight very very easily whereas Cooper is very muscly and lean. Thanks!

Hey cavmad, OH received a birthday gift a few years ago and it included a box set of dog biscuit recipes and biscuit cutters. Its not with us in our present address but will grab it early next week and contact you then.

In case I forget just PM a reminder on Sunday night.

Hey cavmad, OH received a birthday gift a few years ago and it included a box set of dog biscuit recipes and biscuit cutters. Its not with us in our present address but will grab it early next week and contact you then.

In case I forget just PM a reminder on Sunday night.

Thanks so much, that would be great!

Honey Dog Biscuits

150g whole wheat flour

150g porridge oats

2 tsps baking powder

30g butter

2 tbsp honey

2 eggs

100ml milk

Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Cover a baking sheet with paper.

Mix flour, oats & baking powder together. Add butter in small flakes, then honey, eggs & milk. Knead together.

Roll the dough out about 1cm thick on floured surface. Cut out shapes. Place these on the baking sheet, leaving space between them. Bake for 15-20mins. Turn off the heat and allow the biscuits to dry for a further 2hours in the oven.

Cinnamon and allspice dog biscuits

Two cups whole wheat flour

One cup Pollenta

Water

6 tablespoons olive oil

One egg

One teaspoon brown sugar

One teaspoon vanilla

Two tablespoons cinnamon

One teaspoon allspice

Mix everything together and add the water until it comes together in one lump. Cut into shapes 2cm thick (I believe cat is a favourite). Cook at 180C for 45 minutes.

Bacon Bits

6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled

4 eggs, well beaten

1/8 cup bacon fat

1 cup water

1/2 cup non-fat dry milk powder

2 cup graham flour

2 cup wheat germ

1/2 cup cornmeal

Mix ingredients with a strong spoon; drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake in a 180C oven for 15 minutes. Turn off oven and leave cookies on baking sheet in the oven overnight to dry out. Yield: about 4 dozen dog cookies.

Bad Breath Banishers

2 cups brown rice flour

1 Tablespoon activated charcoal (find this at drugstores, not the briquets!)

3 Tablespoons canola oil

1 egg

1/2 cup chopped fresh mint

1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

2/3 cup lowfat milk

Preheat oven to 205C. Lightly oil a cookie sheet. Combine flour and charcoal. Add all the other ingredients.Drop teaspoonfulls on oiled sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake 15-20 minutes. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.

heres a link to many many home made doggy recipes

http://www.bullwrinkle.com/Assets/Recipes/Recipes.htm

pretty cool site me thinks :D