Canon 450d Is About To Be Released

Ripley

We got the 40D 4 weeks ago with all sorts of bits and pices (memory cards, cloth cleaner you know the little extras) plus the larger lens for 1200? Still dont know how to use it properly though is ther an idiots guide for it somewhere?

Looks like the 450D is already for sale, it's advertised in the green guide this week for $1499 with 18-55/55-250 IS.

Thanks Ripley, I need to figure out how to use the one I've got. Maybe in a couple of years when you want to upgrade from the 450D I'll be ready to graduate :rainbowbridge: .

Linda

That's crazy - you can get the 40D with lens for less than that!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recently got the 400D, I wish I had waited now if this new one is either better or drops the price of the 400d :love: oh well. My OH has the 5D so if i need a better cam for anything I can use his :love: tho its such an expensive camera I get scared to use it LOL

Hello peoples :dummy:

I can't believe I had missed this thread!

I am in the process of up-grading my camera, currently have a Panasonic FZ30 -

has been a wonderful friend - but time to move up to a proper SLR.

Just watching one on e-bay to see how much it goes for & will put mine up soon

packaged with a wide-angle lens, remote, bag, spare battery & travel charger.

I saw the new 450D & had a play with one on Friday. Seriously thinking of the

twin lens one (18-55 & 55-250) both are IS, so am thinking they would be good.

Priced at $1399 from local camera store. Did look at the 400D twin lens one which

is priced at $1078 with free 4G card.

If I get the 450D I can reuse my SD cards, so that is a bit of a bonus.

I realise I could probably do better price wise on line, but would rather buy local

for warranty issues & back up service. I am still learning manual shooting & use

Auto & Program modes a lot.

I have no exprience with SLR lenses at all - but the time has come to learn!

I have researched between the Nikon D60, Canon 400D & 450D & my head is

just about at exploding point! LOL

I would truly appreciate hearing any thoughts you guys have on this too :dummy:

When I bought my 350D I didn't want to buy online either. I bought mine through Harvey Norman and managed to talk them down a fair bit in the price, and got them to chuck in a few things - I got a nice bag, and 1500 free photo prints.

I bought memory cards, lens etc off the net.

When I bought my 350D I didn't want to buy online either. I bought mine through Harvey Norman and managed to talk them down a fair bit in the price, and got them to chuck in a few things - I got a nice bag, and 1500 free photo prints.

I bought memory cards, lens etc off the net.

Yep! I plan on doing a similar thing - except Harvey Normal don't have the 450D in stock at the mo.

I've got a good back-pack camera bag, but would try for another SD card as an extra!

You gotta love it when a store will bargain with you :)

When I bought my 350D in Sept 2006 from Hardly Normal, I also bought the 70-300mm lens too, and then got him to give me a HUGE discount on the Panasonic Lumix compact - it's a great little compact with a Leica lens and has IS which I needed in a compact.

We ended up taking both cameras to Europe - my husband using the 350D more than me and me using my Panasonic Lumix compact most of the time - we did swap, but OH wanted the bigger camera around his neck as he said nobody would try and rob him like they would me (OH is over 6 foot and built like a rugby player).

Now I know much, much more about taking photos than my OH, I take the 350D everywhere and he takes another camera. :scared: