Gambit (poruse Diamond Dealer) Td & Now Ccd

Hi

Just want to tell the world that Gambit gained his CCD title at Warrnambool on Sunday 9th March.

His score could have been at least 92+ and 1st in the ring instead of 82 and coming 2nd in the ring if I had of kept my mouth shut. The judge told me that I lost just about all the points by myself (Isn't it always the Handler?). Gambit never lost one of them.

I had made Gambit too reliable on rewarding him whilst training and now I don't go training at all with food on me. I leave the food in a container outside the training area. When I am happy with what Gambit has done then he can "Ok Go Get It"

Same applies to agility. He can have his tug toy after he has done the exercise well.

I made a hugh difference to his attitude in the obedience and the agility ring.

It has made a difference to me too as I am more relaxed now that he is working as he can.

Gambit was attacked when he was young by a dog from behing at his first obedience trial.

That along with my attitude in the ring has gone through a number of training methods. It has been a slow process and has paid off big time.

Now onto Novice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gambit gave me a great Easter Present by gaining a pass in his 1st ever Novice Trial at KCC Park on Easter Saturday with a score of 182 and 3rd place.

Silly me, I was told by the judge to read my rule book because when Gambit gave up the Dumbell after his magnificent Retrieve and I was told to "Return" I got Gambit to do a lovely Flip finish!!!!!! :hug:

Yes I can hear all of you screaming "You are supposed to return to the dog" :(:(:) ;) Well I know that now and will not make the same mistake again.

Normally it is the dog that mucks up on one exercise but I'm afraid Gambit has to put up with me :hug::cry::cry::)

The judge on Easter Sunday was the same one that took all the points off me for talking in the ring even though GAmbit gained his CCD Title.

I proudly told him on the sunday morning that Gambit received his first pass, silly me, what is the saying about bragging

Oh well on to the next trial at Ballaarat in a few weeks time.

Go Gambit Go, Get a grip on things Wendy then Gambit can Go, Go, Go :( ;) :love::hug::hug: .