After Bloat Care

skyehaven

I had a dog that bloated back in June, he survived even thought it took 2 hours to find a vet that would do the surgery. He also had a foreign body (possibly causing the bloat) and a growth on his spleen that was removed (beneign). He went on and got BOB out of 13 Flat Coats at the Gundog club in Sept and DCC at the Adel Royal out of 12 males. He is however now retired 8 1/2 years old, because his whole body shape has changed, almost like a pregnant bitch, skinny on top and a pot belly, which still gets very gassy after meals. Does anyone have a diet that would help reduce the gas build up that he gets??

Break his food up into two meals daily, don't feed grain or vegetables of any description and give charcoal tablets every day to help absorb the gas for the rest of his life.

If this doesn't help, there are other things that can, but this is a good place to start.

i had a German Shepherd that had bloat when he was 3 and was operated on and also had his spleen removed, when he was about 8 i was finding he was the same after eating as well so our vet put him on the charcoal tablets and it did work, from memory he had 2 tablets at night with tea.

I only fed him once a day and he was fed on a raw diet

http://www.petshed.com/products/item2906.asp

Edited by aus_k9gsd