2008 Brags Thread

ness

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKS TO ALL FOR GOOD WISHES " we had champers last night" think we will celebrate more tonight WHY NOT I say !!! :thumbsup:

Ptolomy not it is not the same dog with stay problems it is her sister she is a real little

SHIT zu using SHIT very strongly ,should of had her CDX too -any ideas ?

Well done to all other achievers to it's great to end the year with "positives" :rolleyes:

Yesterday at the agility comp both my dogs did amazing getting a clean run each and placing 1st for Midge and 3rd for Laffi. I coudn't be more proud of them. :laugh:

Well done to the agility woofas and handler!!

And to everyone else - keep up the good work - be proud! have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

This is only a small one in the scheme of things, but feels massive and I've been smiling all day!!

I've been promising myself I'd get CK back to obedience if only to have him around other dogs on lead and continue to work on his confidence, but in the back of my mind thinking I should really get around to trialling him in obedience as well as the flyball, frisbee and agility we play.

Well, Mr CK and I went off to obedience club last night to renew my membership and check out that all was OK to go back next week. I haven't been along for the best part of 18 months so I went after class had started so as not to get in the way of those who were trying to get to class. (There are always people in the shed not working.)

When we got there I was 'convinced' to go and join in the class so they could see whether we had been doing any work in our absence. CK was just about perfect. He refused to weave in a line of dogs as soon as we walked onto the field - fair enough - but after that he did not miss a beat. He even did some exercises I've never done, let alone him. The best thing was the absolute joy on his face and unwavering concentration even doing the strange exercises around strange dogs.

All the feedback I got from the instructor was along the lines of 'when you start to trial you are going to have to.......' picking me up on small points like using one word for a command instead of the lazy way I called him back. (He and I both know the right way to do it, it's just been a while and I have to get back into good habits.)

I've picked a date for our first trial and can't wait..........now we've got 4 sports to play the hardest thing is going to be finding time to run a house hold as well!! LOL.

This is only a small one in the scheme of things, but feels massive and I've been smiling all day!!

I've been promising myself I'd get CK back to obedience if only to have him around other dogs on lead and continue to work on his confidence, but in the back of my mind thinking I should really get around to trialling him in obedience as well as the flyball, frisbee and agility we play.

Well, Mr CK and I went off to obedience club last night to renew my membership and check out that all was OK to go back next week. I haven't been along for the best part of 18 months so I went after class had started so as not to get in the way of those who were trying to get to class. (There are always people in the shed not working.)

When we got there I was 'convinced' to go and join in the class so they could see whether we had been doing any work in our absence. CK was just about perfect. He refused to weave in a line of dogs as soon as we walked onto the field - fair enough - but after that he did not miss a beat. He even did some exercises I've never done, let alone him. The best thing was the absolute joy on his face and unwavering concentration even doing the strange exercises around strange dogs.

All the feedback I got from the instructor was along the lines of 'when you start to trial you are going to have to.......' picking me up on small points like using one word for a command instead of the lazy way I called him back. (He and I both know the right way to do it, it's just been a while and I have to get back into good habits.)

I've picked a date for our first trial and can't wait..........now we've got 4 sports to play the hardest thing is going to be finding time to run a house hold as well!! LOL.

:rofl: Go CK!!!! So when is your first obedience trial?!!!??? :rofl:

:confused: Go CK!!!! So when is your first obedience trial?!!!??? :cheer:

Plan is for January once i've been to a couple and had a look. :rofl: But then again that didn't stop me with flyball or agility. :cheer:

Congrats Reddii, I'm sure you will go well.

Well, not sure if this should be in here or the disaster thread.

Had hit a training hurdle this year with distance control in Open. We tried many ways of retraining with great success outside the ring, but not in it.

I was confident that this trial would be different, and it was. Oscar sprang up to a sit in the distance control powerfully, showing no confusion whatsoever. I was over the moon about finally overcoming that hurdle, and was on par for a 192.

The little bugger go lazy in the sun and dropped on the Out of sight sit stay didn't he!!!!!!!!

I was only saying ty my wife the other day that it was some time ago that I had been to club to practice one, and was debating whether to go last Sunday, or take the kids to the Whittlesea Ag show.

The kids won out and Oscar lost.

Just goes to show that trial prep should never be taken for granted lol.

Have got two more chances before the end of the year to get the runs on the board at the Portland double later this month.

Anyone going?

Laffi had her 2nd clean run yesterday :o Midge, although didn't had any clean runs because of knocked bars or handler's faults :love: , was running the best ever so I am also very proud of her :o

Well done - your puppies ran very well, especially in the wet! :thumbsup:

Bakari is in the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Qld 2009 Calendar! :thumbsup:

His breeder entered photos without me knowing (hoping to surprise me with one for christmas) and one of the girls from the ridgeback thread saw him and told me :love:

This is the pic that's in it :o

headshot.jpg

Well done to everyone for their 2008 achievements with their dogs so far!! Is everyone's competitions year winding down now?? I know mine is, we had our last competitions in any dog sport this past weekend.

Polo finished off his CD title at the trials on the weekend. He got his second pass on Friday night with a 1st place and 197, the highest score I have ever achieved with a dog in obedience!!! He got his 3rd pass on Sunday with another 1st and 193 and also won the two Novice Gundog Working Tests that day. I have had a fantastic year with young Polo, he is such a joy to trial and has far outdone any of my hopes for his first year in dog competitions!!

Congrats FHRP with Polo.

I do have a brag from last nights obedience trial - we didn't pass either but I had Ness entered in both Open and UD on the one evening (is still a relatively green UD dog) on Sat night. She gave me two super rounds. Her UD round was the best she has given me all year only failing one directed jump and then deciding the sit and wait before taking direction/sending part on the gloves exercise was optional :rofl: . Her UD round was so up it was like being in control of a high performance vehicle and having to keep it in a 60 km/hr zone ;) . She has never been that high in a trial. Considering she is also battling not sure what at the moment to have given me that much precision obedience in the one evening I am so pleased with her. She only mucked up one open exercise but otherwise would have been sitting on a 190 type score :p .

Absolute stunning way to have finished off the obedience trials for the year - just a shame we are going to have to wait so long before attempting a UD pass again. Its only just coming together :rofl: . Never mind two single night agility trials and maybe we can finish off the year with a few passes there.