2008 Brags Thread

ness

OK I have a brag... I think.... It depends on whether the day before counteracts the brag :eek: :eek:

My little girl Kinta made her Agility Debut today! And in her first ever run, she pulled off a Novice Jumping pass and FIRST PLACE :laugh::) What made it even better was that we had a major blunder just before the end (it was very close to being a refusal too) which caused some major time wasting. Surprisingly, we still managed to finish well under time!

The rest of the day were tough luck stories of 'close yet so far' with our runs... particularly Leo! I was very proud of them though (just not of the handler!)

Sunday obedience was a bit of a disappointment as my girl failed her obedience coz she conveniently 'forgot' to stand! Apparently I never taught her the word before :o :o The major disappointment was that I must have passed on my stress to her and the poor mite got a bit worried after he blunders and 'disconnected' from me :o. It was only her 2nd trial, so once we get into the groove I am sure she'll be back with a vengeance!

Edited by leopuppy04

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm can I brag that my little 9 week old BC already has a mean tug going, has the tightest sit, learnt to hand touch in one session and has a lovely kick back stand happening too :) . Doesn't sound as good as my Ness brags maybe I might go back in the cupboard and wait till she has grown up before bragging too much :laugh: .

:) Yeah for Kinta! Good job on your pass.

My little brag is Poppy does a retrieve!!! For people that don't know her older brother totally refuses to retrieve, which has caused me some tears! But retrieving is Poppy's fav game! Quite funny as she doesn't want to tug, just retrieve!

Hey all

Brags from the Casterton Kelpie Muster this weekend - Minty won the hill climb! :D She was fastest in the heats and got done on time in the final, however she was the only dog to go through the gates which gets a 5 second deduction from your time, leaving her with a time of 28 seconds and the win!

This makes up for last year when she was the fastest on the day but handler error down the bottom of the hill let us down.

I did tell her that she was getting old and slow as she was 4 seconds behind the record she set two years ago.

So that's another Casterton trip paid for, yippee.

Cash also did really well, handled the crowds like a pro and posed for photos like the prima donna that he is :cool: We competed in Kelpie Idol but he got a bit of stage fright (fair enough, don't get crowds like that in training much). However, considering last year I wouldn't have even considered walking him down the main street due to his aggression, I think he did brilliantly. He has come a long way and I was very proud of him.

Wow, what a champ is little Minty, just goes to prove you don't need long legs. I guess you got a new and improved handler at the bottom. Well done Minty. Well done to Cash as well, you have done a great job with him and deserve all the credit. :)

Well done Silvawillow :).

I just spent 10 or so minutes training with Harri outside, and had him going through the tunnel from both sides (he is always on my left so he did well to go in on my right). And i also did some jumping work, again focussing on sending him from my right. He did great, i cannot wait to sign him up for proper classes. He is going to be a fast little bugger as well, which means i need to get fit :D.

Hi Clover, does this mean I might see you at agility soon :cool: or are you signing up elsewhere? I would love to see Harri having a go....

MAJOR brag from me today.

Have 5 runs between 2 dogs at Warringal today.

Kinta - 2 x Novice Jumping

Leo - 2 x excellent Jumping & Strategic pairs...

Walked away with:

3rd Place - Q Novice Jumping (Kinta)

1st Place - Q Novice Jumping (Kinta) *TITLE* NB... she made her Debut trial on MONDAY!!!!!!

4th Place - Q Excellent Jumping (Leo)

3rd Place - Q Excellent Jumping (Leo)

2nd Place - Q SPD (Leo)

This was after my complaining that my dogs only ever get one or no passes at a trial :):laugh: :laugh:

I'm SO proud of them!!!

Poor Leo ran a little slow - he had a split toenail (really bad) that I didn't realise till the end of the day. Poor Tyke - must have hurt, and it just goes to show how willing they are to do what we want :vomit:

Vids will be up later :cry:

Have 5 runs between 2 dogs at Warringal today.

Kinta - 2 x Novice Jumping

Leo - 2 x excellent Jumping & Strategic pairs...

Walked away with:

3rd Place - Q Novice Jumping (Kinta)

1st Place - Q Novice Jumping (Kinta) *TITLE* NB... she made her Debut trial on MONDAY!!!!!!

4th Place - Q Excellent Jumping (Leo)

3rd Place - Q Excellent Jumping (Leo)

2nd Place - Q SPD (Leo)

Is that all? ............................................................

...................... :laugh:

Well done, LeoPuppy. :laugh:

Good show!!!

Well I have a brag from yesterday to. At the first trial with her little sister tagging along Ness managed a pass in Open Agility and well little Miss Kenzie had a ball with all those people to pat her.

Edited by ness