Information About Parvo Outbreaks And Affected Areas

Odette

Yep but he's getting the nobivac shot which I believe cuts through the maternal antibodies?

I can't see how it would do that, but i can see how the correct adjuvant might increase the immunogenicity of the vaccine, giving a better response.

Its worth waiting the 2 weeks. They are gone before you even know it, and it isnt worth the worry you'll go through if you DO take the dog out and then have a nervous wait to see if it develops any symptoms!

From the Nobivac website:

Specific claims:

An onset of immunity to the canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus and canine parvovirus vaccine components of 1 week and an onset of immunity of 4 weeks to the canine parainfluenza virus vaccine component has been demonstrated following use of the vaccine.

A duration of immunity of at least three years has been established for the canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus and canine parvovirus vaccine components. The duration of immunity for the canine parainfluenza virus component has not been demonstrated, but an anamnestic response is produced in dogs given a revaccination one year after basic vaccination. Annual revaccination with the canine parainfluenza virus vaccine component is recommended.

Edited by Odette

Thanks for the info :)

So I should give him the C3, wait 10 days or so, then do a titer test and if he's fine, all fine to go out?