Wee Boy

cassius the boxer

I have had Cassius for a few months, hes four months now. he has this thing that when he wees he does not seem to notice that he is doing it. he walks off in the middle of it. he also wees whereever he is. He is the first male dog i have owned. my previous boxers were all female. Is this something young male dogs do?

I think it's something you probably need to see the vet about. Collect a specimen of his urine in a clean jar and take it with you.

You can buy a specimen jar from the chemist if you have nothing suitable handy.

Has this been going on all along or is it recent?

I think it's something you probably need to see the vet about. Collect a specimen of his urine in a clean jar and take it with you.

You can buy a specimen jar from the chemist if you have nothing suitable handy.

Has this been going on all along or is it recent?

He has been doing it all the time. The breeder I got him from keeps the puppies inside a pen. I am wondering if he used to do that when he was at the breeder? like the world is their toilet.

you will probably find he is just not concerned with what he is doing as there may be more important things going on around him then waiting to finish, try watching him when he is relaxed with out him seeing you see if he still walks off before he finishes. doing it where ever he is is toilet training, my 5mth has taken to doing it on the patio......then I realised it was the only dry spot in the yard as everything is wet. Dogs dont like to pee near water. Hogz

you will probably find he is just not concerned with what he is doing as there may be more important things going on around him then waiting to finish, try watching him when he is relaxed with out him seeing you see if he still walks off before he finishes. doing it where ever he is is toilet training, my 5mth has taken to doing it on the patio......then I realised it was the only dry spot in the yard as everything is wet. Dogs dont like to pee near water. Hogz

Yeah you are right. When distracted he will start to wee then walk off just before he has finished. With no distractions he is fine.