Braggy Training Photos

Arya

Hi all, just had to stick a few of these braggy training photos up. My girl has taken a huge leap forward and I can't imagine I'll have any trouble in the ring with her this year. She is just working to me any time anywhere and loving every minute of it. I have stuck one of her working on a bite roll too, which she loves and the big problem is getting people to hold it properly as she races towards them LOL! I have included a pic of her resting with her favourite training reward - bit of hose.

Thought you might like to see the dog you helped Ptolomy in particular :laugh::)

TessbiterollJan08.jpg

TessheelexcellentJan08.jpg

TesssolidjumpJan08.jpg

Tessheel3Jan08.jpg

TessrestingJan08.jpg

Great photo's Arya!! Love the second heeling one :laugh:

Lookout competitors at Hastings trial!! Here comes the new Tess!! :)

Fantastic to hear of her progress. Oscar is going along ok in his Open work, having a bit of trouble riding out anticipation in the C.O.P though. Still have no solid jump :mad

To make things worse...........I was told by my club that there is to be no actual learning work in the Open class this year??? Just run throughs???? I will have to clear this up when they resume :)

Great photo's Arya!! Love the second heeling one :laugh:

Lookout competitors at Hastings trial!! Here comes the new Tess!! :)

Fantastic to hear of her progress. Oscar is going along ok in his Open work, having a bit of trouble riding out anticipation in the C.O.P though. Still have no solid jump :mad

To make things worse...........I was told by my club that there is to be no actual learning work in the Open class this year??? Just run throughs???? I will have to clear this up when they resume :)

Hey thanks Dogdude!!! Yep, we are ready and RARING TO GO!!! I must be the only idiot who has wished away these hols as fast as I can :mad I am looking forward to seeing Oscar and the pup at FOO :mad THat is strange about Open at your club? COP, I train in bits and mix it up to stop the anticipation. She never never knows what is coming up and when she's going to get her reward, this is good otherwise they like to have a sticky beak around as you walk away... or run in too soon etc. etc. well mine used to try it a lot LOL. FOO will be good though for these things. This is why I like going to my club and don't do a formal class myself. We don't really do a formal class there any more for triallers. There are classes up to CCD level basically but a bunch of us just put each other through the rings and help each other, or work in the rings ourselves doing what we like, which gives huge scope for ring practice under conditions where we have flyball and agility on two different sides of the field as well as the non-trialling classes.

But no learning work in Open class?

Ayra you should be mighty proud of yourself and your girl as you have done all the hard work and made it fun in the process.

You will get the results you are after and your dog will do it with a smile on her face :laugh:

Thanks for sharing the photos and glad I could be of some assistance.

Now if we can convince you into entering the Nationals in Vic in August :) we may get to catch up........

Now if we can convince you into entering the Nationals in Vic in August :) we may get to catch up........

I'll make sure she's there Ptolomy :mad

She's looking awesome Arya! I couldn't believe the dog you brought with you last week was the same that I saw you working in the ring last year! I better tell Leo to get his socks into gear - he has some stiff competition coming his way! You should be so proud of her.

How is the mat work going btw?! Have you had another go?! I've done a few more run throughs with the gloves - 3/3 each time - even when sending to the furthest one away :laugh:

Now.... all I need to do is find some dogs who will help me distract the feral beryl! :).....

Ayra you should be mighty proud of yourself and your girl as you have done all the hard work and made it fun in the process.

You will get the results you are after and your dog will do it with a smile on her face :laugh:

Thanks for sharing the photos and glad I could be of some assistance.

Aw shucks, thanks Ptolomy :) And you are right, she has a big smile on her face loves to work. I have to restrain myself from overworking her because as LP will testify, like the Energiser Bunny she wants to keep on going and going! I WILL BE THERE AT THE NATIONALS FOR SURE!!!! I wouldn't miss it for the world and by then will be living about ten mins from KCC Park. Can't wait!!! Would be great to catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:mad:mad

Now if we can convince you into entering the Nationals in Vic in August :mad we may get to catch up........

I'll make sure she's there Ptolomy :mad

She's looking awesome Arya! I couldn't believe the dog you brought with you last week was the same that I saw you working in the ring last year! I better tell Leo to get his socks into gear - he has some stiff competition coming his way! You should be so proud of her.

How is the mat work going btw?! Have you had another go?! I've done a few more run throughs with the gloves - 3/3 each time - even when sending to the furthest one away :laugh:

Now.... all I need to do is find some dogs who will help me distract the feral beryl! :).....

Thanks LP it is going to be great! I am so looking forward to this year and us ALL doing well! I am very proud of my girl but she is going to have to be RIGHT ON HER GAME to be up there with Super Leo and Kinta! I just hope we all have great time and get fab scores. The mat work has improved out of sight. Do you know, it was just the distraction thing and proofing as you said it was and also, lack of motivation. I noted this at training at Frankston the other morning too. I have been doing it in crowds down at the Cowes pier and as first exercise in training, with special food treats, extra hose, extra praise, clapping and stuff (must look really strange to passers by :) ) and the hurdle has gotten smaller and almost gone. She doesn't really check in now, just goes out, checks em out and gets the one back in a hurry so the fun starts. Funny how they get these little humps, even after doing something for ages.

Leo is brilliant on the gloves! You must be right about the Agility. I haven't seen a dog just do them without a hitch from scratch, the way Leo does them. They are his specialty LOL. You are right about feral beryl, she is brilliant drive. She is going to be a one to contend with for sure. Maybe FOO solve the distraction issue but hey, Tess was so much worse!!! Any distraction help you want with super wild GSDs racing around any time, let me know LOL.