Itchy And Red Elbows In Goldie

laffi

Laffi (golden retriever) seems to have very itchy elbows. Her skin there is quite red and her fur is orange-red on her elbows. She seems to be scratching it quite a bit as well :D . The vet said it's probably a hot spot, however it looks nothing like one :rofl: .

Maybe it's a callus? Would it be itchy though :rofl: ? Vet wasn't too concerned but she seems to be quite itchy there so I really would like to help her... Any ideas?

One of my dogs got sore elbows from lying on concrete and I had to stop her doing it coz she got calluses and the hard skin started to break off and she got sore.I put a big mat on the concrete that she couldnt scratch up and it gradually got better, took a few months but.

One of my dogs got sore elbows from lying on concrete and I had to stop her doing it coz she got calluses and the hard skin started to break off and she got sore.I put a big mat on the concrete that she couldnt scratch up and it gradually got better, took a few months but.

Thank you so much!!! I do believe it could be lying on the hard floors since during the day the lies on the veranda all the time.

Were her elbows itchy?

my pup has what we think are allergies and he scratches his elbows all the time....

I think allergies are definitely a possibility, although she only scratches her elbows. Is your pup itchy everywhere or just on his elbows?

Sorry carnt remember it was a while ago now, I think they just got a bit red and then she started worrying at them and thats when it really got bad, the vet had to put her on cortisone so shed leave it alone and she even had to wear one of those wide collars for a few days till the cortisone kicked in. She started off with hard skin and then it got real dry and bits started to break off leaving soft red skin underneath and thats when she started. Most of the damage was done by her if shed left it alone shed of been ok I think.

Oh the orange red fur is caused by licking I think.

How are the pills laffi? Have they worked for you at all???

I have been using them on Midge and they worked wonders ;) I am running low so I can't start Laffi on them. I ordered more on internet though.

Midge is a new dog because of these meds and she says :o or if I had to be honest she says :o

I have been using them on Midge and they worked wonders ;) I am running low so I can't start Laffi on them. I ordered more on internet though.

Midge is a new dog because of these meds and she says :o or if I had to be honest she says :o

I didnt know you could get them on the net!!! Is it the same brand????

Try them on Laffi as well when you get your hands on them!!!!

I didnt know you could get them on the net!!! Is it the same brand????

Try them on Laffi as well when you get your hands on them!!!!

It took me quite a while to find them online LOL. I am not sure if it's the same brand, will let you know :p Yep, will definitely try them on Laffi as well!