Akita Health

rooeytoo

Hello All

I am interested in the incidence of bloat in akitas and just wonder how many have had problems. I have an akita I rescued when I lived in Parramatta. That was in 2000 and he is now about 10. He is starting to show his age. Anyhow, would just like to hear discussions on akitas. They are a unique and amazing breed.

Thanks

Sally in NT

Nice to meet another Akita lover :drink:

We do have an Akita thread here, I dont know how to post the link, but Ill bump it up the list for you. At least then youll get to know who the Akita lovers are around here.

We have had no instances of bloat *touch wood* We try to be as careful as we can with Katos diet in hope that we will not have to experience it.

Nice to meet another Akita lover :drink:

We do have an Akita thread here, I dont know how to post the link, but Ill bump it up the list for you. At least then youll get to know who the Akita lovers are around here.

We have had no instances of bloat *touch wood* We try to be as careful as we can with Katos diet in hope that we will not have to experience it.

Thanks for your response. That is what I am trying to find out, just seems like there is so much of it in USA and I wondered if it is as common a problem here. Just out of curiosity what do you feed your dog?

Cheers

Sally

• 2 weeks later...