A Question On Thrive D

Norskgra

I have been giving Brock Thrive D because of his digestion problems after having some of his intestine removed. He was doing well on it to start with but I have noticed that for about the last week he has very runny smelly bowel motions after he has had Trive D. If we don't give it to him, his motions are firm.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have been giving Brock Thrive D because of his digestion problems after having some of his intestine removed. He was doing well on it to start with but I have noticed that for about the last week he has very runny smelly bowel motions after he has had Trive D. If we don't give it to him, his motions are firm.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I tried Thrive D with Riley and had no sucess, Riley had bowel surgery and has a very sensitve digestive system now. I give Riley Protexin powder, a probiotic and this stuff is magic, i get mine from Vet and Pet Direct.

It may be that the amount you are giving is a bit too much for this dog and so you would be best to slightly reduce the quantity until the stools become normal again and then continue at that level.

We were feeding him the recommended dose, thehn decreased it and it still had the same result. :laugh:

I used Thrive D many years ago for a dog with a malabsorption syndrome, it didn't affect the dog's stools, but it didn't appear to affect anything else either. I gave it a fair trial, at least 6 months and then I stopped using it as it didn't appear to be making any difference to the dog.