Intrinsic/extrinsic Reinforcement/punishment

:wave: ..... I don't know what questions are asked of the NDTF in their distance learning essays/assignments/tasks .... but I've already answered the first question by GSD FAN and now I'm wondering if this is an easy way of getting the answers???? Huh? :)

Hence - I'm holding back and would first like to know what the NDTF students here think it is :(.

But I should add - if you give the Pavlov's Dog example or the "show lead - dog gets excited" example as your answer (in your Instrumental/Classical Conditioning question in the other thread), I don't think you'll get great marks ..... 'cause they are pretty common examples.

Edited by Erny

erny - who are you to be so rude? its not cheating asking for help when you cant find an answer to help understand what a term means. i am juggling 2 courses - one is vet nursing and my brain has been ioverloaded by terminologies. do u have nothing better to do than criticise people who ask for help?? get a life!!!

Pax - i have tried googling but dont seem to be having much luck with finding exactly what im looking for. i really think i need a break from all this study but have less than 2 weeks for all my assignments to be in.

Edited by GSD FAN

I have a good idea LOL :wave:

Think of the importance of things to the dog - why does it do something? Does it enjoy doing it or is there something else in it for the dog?

Think of a dog chasing birds vs obedience work

Does that make sense?

Edit for clarity

Edited by Kavik

erny - who are you to be so rude? its not cheating asking for help when you cant find an answer to help understand what a term means. i am juggling 2 courses - one is vet nursing and my brain has been ioverloaded by terminologies. do u have nothing better to do than criticise people who ask for help?? get a life!!!

Erny is trying to help you by not just giving you the answer. She is also an NDTF instructor.

Is that why you didn't say "thanks" for my last effort to help you in your other thread? :wave:

You're tired, GSD FAN ..... I know what that feels like so I'll forget about your response above.

Edited by Erny

GSD,an example of an intrinsic would be a Dog chasing a ball. Tony

The dog would need to be a dog that enjoys chasing a ball for it to be intrinsically reinforcing though. If he was only chasing the ball so he earned a game of tug, then he would be being extrinsically reinforced.

If anybody didn't get the email today....questions 4 & 5 in regards to this topic is removed from the assessment!

This is such a relief as i don't even remember covering this intrinsic/extrinsic reinforcement/punishment during my first block of training!!

We touched on it very briefly, i think...stress no longer, GSD!

If anybody didn't get the email today....questions 4 & 5 in regards to this topic is removed from the assessment!

This is such a relief as i don't even remember covering this intrinsic/extrinsic reinforcement/punishment during my first block of training!!

We touched on it very briefly, i think...stress no longer, GSD!

You were lucky... our group had to answer both those questions, as well as a complex question on Classical/Operant Conditioning which I believe might be removed from future assignments (aka the Kelpie question for the previous students) - were were told that the question was at least Cert 4 level, if not Diploma!!!

Hi Squeak!

i think i know you...i recognise your puppy;)

i'm the one with the wolfie x from SSDTC!

i think that because my group is the one of the first groups to do all of the course is Syd, they want to make sure we've covered everything throroughly.

By doing the melbourne trip and having the exposure to lots of different trainers/ideas we would've covered alot more...

Hi Squeak!

i think i know you...i recognise your puppy;)

i'm the one with the wolfie x from SSDTC!

i think that because my group is the one of the first groups to do all of the course is Syd, they want to make sure we've covered everything throroughly.

By doing the melbourne trip and having the exposure to lots of different trainers/ideas we would've covered alot more...

Hi Sabby

I don't think you actually would have missed much by doing the course in Sydney vs Melbourne. There are actually three different groups doing my course - we barely covered intrinsic/extrinsice P/R, but one of the other groups covered it in much more detail :rolleyes: ... our problem was probably similar to yours - we were the first distance learning group, and there were a couple of minor "teething" problems, which are to be expected, and I imagine it is probably similar for you being the first group in Sydney. Hope to see you at training on Sunday.