Cancelled Events

Kowai

Just a little rant I guess Lol

I was -so- looking forward to the last weight pulling competition of the year last Sunday. Zach did so well the time before and I couldn't wait to see how he would do this time!

I was away in Sydney from Wednesday night until Sunday morning. The competition was at 10:30am on Sunday morning. I made sure to get up at 3:30am in Sydney to catch a 6:00am flight back to Avalon airport, to pick up my dogs, and drive all the way around the bay to KCC park!

I get home, and lucky I checked my email, because the weight pulling was cancelled because of the heat! It was predicted that it would be about 31 degrees I think and it sure did feel bloody hot.

I'm not angry cause they cancelled the event I guess.. I mean I wouldn't want to work Zach in that heat anyway! But I was so looking forward to it :rolleyes: Don't you guys hate it when events are canceled like that?

Oh, so sorry to hear this Kowai!!! Yep, it's awful when something gets cancelled and curse the blasted weather!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it got to 34 degrees? I know the Ob trial I was at must have come very close indeed to being cancelled and a lot of dogs had real trouble in the heat. Can you believe, so hot already? And set to be 31 this coming weekend too. Not a good prospect for the summer :rolleyes: Sorry again, I can really sympathise!

Oh, so sorry to hear this Kowai!!! Yep, it's awful when something gets cancelled and curse the blasted weather!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it got to 34 degrees? I know the Ob trial I was at must have come very close indeed to being cancelled and a lot of dogs had real trouble in the heat. Can you believe, so hot already? And set to be 31 this coming weekend too. Not a good prospect for the summer :rofl: Sorry again, I can really sympathise!

Atleast I got to go out later for a BBQ with my friends :rolleyes: I took my dogs for a walk late in the afternoon, about 5:30pm? I probably shouldn't have, poor Kapo (Husky) looked so hot I felt awful! :rofl: