K9 Force Brisbane

Rom

I have been talking to Steve about coming up to Brisbane early next year to do TID, Handlers & E-collar workshop.

Brisbane this time to save everyone travelling so far :hug:

I have put some feelers out with Brissie rellies to find appropriate grounds to do this on, but have no definite answers yet, so if anyone knows of some good grounds...I'm taking all ideas!

So...who all would like to come?

I have been talking to Steve about coming up to Brisbane early next year to do TID, Handlers & E-collar workshop.

I have put some feelers out with Brissie rellies to find appropriate grounds to do this on, but have no definite answers yet, so if anyone knows of some good grounds...I'm taking all ideas!

ME!

I would LOVE to!!!!! I will be the first to put my hand up, Rom :cry:

Guest Steph & Bam

ME!

I would LOVE to!!!!! I will be the first to put my hand up, Rom :cry:

Me Too!!!!

I'm the second!!! Second is better than first anyway :(

What about asking the Dog Clubs around Brissy if they'd mind us borrowing their grounds for it? Or make it on their grounds on a day they aren't training?

Access to toilets, at least a tennis court sized area, some shady trees or an undercover area incase the weather turns unfriendly, handy to shops incase people want to buzz off to get some lunch....and if possible, not a public area where lots of people are likely to be walking their dogs LOL.

S&B is putting some feelers out about a school/sports area this week about 30 mins south of Brissie.

But all suggestions welcome!

Oh, and hopefully you won't have to work this time KK :eek:

Rom, can you explain exactly what the courses will entail for us newbies? :rofl:

Phew :) short version or long version?

To give you some idea of training in drive you can read the Triangle of temptation at the top of the training forum, or this thread Prey drive, control and focus

Short version TID is about understanding the dogs positive drives for survival, what is happening internally both in the dogs mind and chemically and hormonally through its body. By knowing all this, you can pinpoint the dogs peak learning times and times when the dog will not learn anything and teach the dog self control by setting up training so that it learns to control its own mind. Its about manipulating the training process so that your dogs response to commands become like automatic involuntary relfexes rather than a voluntary process. Its about using the effects of the natural chemicals and hormones coursing through the dogs body to deliver an internal reward for the dog called an 'endorphin high'. Its about learning to recognise what kinds of things negatively impact on the drives and in turn make the training harder and less ejoyable for both you and the dog. It all sounds complex, but the reality is that Steve's programs make it easy.

The Handlers part of the workshop is about how to use 'Alpha Pressure'. I don't understand it all, but have read snippets and I'm intrigued....I want to learn more. I remember Steve saying that you can use Alpha pressure to move an untrained dog into a sit or drop without commands, or physical guidance/touch....I undertand that it is a body language thing and it has lots of applications. But I figured I'd love to know more about it and felt that other doggy people would too.

E-collars are controversial training tools in some areas. Once again, my experience of them is limited to what I have read and a few demo's that I've seen and I want to know more. I have personally had an e-collar on and was surprised at the lack of sensation in comparison to what I was expecting, surprised that something that seemed sooo inconsequential can be used to effectively modify behaviours and train dogs and still protect a positive state of mind and calmness in a dog.

So thats the basics :champagne:

ETA: This is the workshop to attend if you have a dog with behavioural problems you want to sort, if you just want better obedience, if you want to improve your competition stats., or if you just want a better relationship with your dog.

Edited by Rom