My Guys Keep Scratching

Eldoop

We have a six year old Staffy who has had skin problems since the day we got her, After spending lots and lots of money trying different thing we have her under control and she hasnt had a rash or outbreak of scratching in about 3 months now.

We give her Eagle pack Holistic dry food, Put Flaxsed Oil on all her food and she also has Apple Cider every 2nd night.

We have noticed such a HUGE improvment. We had tried everything you could think of her skin use to get so red and it looked so painful but now her stomach and feet are just like normal skin without any redness, she use to also get this funny smell about her which we told was a yeast infection smell but all that has gone to. Its worth a try!!

Hi, we have Advantage on them, so they dont have fleas at all, and I've been using Aloveen shampoo and conditioner on Minx for the last 2 years, and yes I left the Malseb on her for 10 mins....no change!

If your dog is allergic to fleas they don't need to have fleas to have flea allergy - all they need is 1 flea to jump on bite and jump off to start the scratching.

Edited by sheree_e4

How bad is it?

I have nine dogs. Some of them get itchy, particularly in the spring. But it doesn't seem to be a major issue. Maybe I'm heartless, but until I see some more serious problem, like skin problems or hair loss or obsessive itching, I just let it be. There are so many things that cause itchiness . . . you can go nuts trying to get the correct diagnosis. Many dogs get over-dry from frequent washings or washing with strong substances . . . so the 'cure' can become the 'problem'.

Edited by sandgrubber