Retrieving Pug

A while ago I asked for help on teaching my Pug to retrieve. Thought I would post some pics of how she is going :thumbsup:

She is 90% reliable now except for the waiting to get it, she gets too excited, but that will get better with time.

My Question: SHe is currently doing Flyball as well and I wanted suggestions on how to teach her the difference between wait/fetch for obedience and pull on harness/go for Flyball. I use "fetch" for Obedience and "go" for flyball. Do I need to teach this or will she just figure it out?

post-5267-1191460210_thumb.jpg

post-5267-1191460158_thumb.jpg

The change of equipment helps the dog alot more then what you say to them :rofl:

Put their flyball harness on and they know they get to do flyball, if you want to say something i generally say 'Are you ready?' and get them really revved up with that.

ETA: I :thumbsup: your pug, so cute :laugh:

Edited by tollersowned

Yarrowfell,

Obviously ???? (correct me if I am wrong) you have allowed your pug to break (sit command???) in the quest of keeping keeness/momentum/enjoyment of retrieve?

I never asked for a wait to start with. I clicker trainer the dumbell and never started from a sit so I need to backtrack and work on a wait I think. She is so keen to get it now I only have to show it to her and she gets all excited.

I was just so pleased she finally retrieved it I never thought to ask for a wait first.