Mindless Brag Page....

Any way tonight as usual we had a judge put us through the practice ring. Well tonight his comment after we completed the exercise was that was precisely how it should be done. It was brilliant. Total focus on me for the about turn and halt. When I placed my arm down to give the signal she followed the direction out and I sent her and she returned with the correct glove and a wonderful present.

Yee Har Its a great feeling. :happydance2:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today at herding training at Erskine Park Cole my BC pup managed to do the herding started course without too may problems and did it under time, twice. He was 9 months old today and it was his first time attempting obstacles. I am so proud of my boy.

The biggest problem was his handler :laugh:

BRAGS :p

Peebs and I have been in level three agility for 18 months because we (he :p ) cant weave. I have been training with him on weavers every day since March this year (before that it was only once a week), but I only have room for four weavers at my place, and currently have them offset at about 7cm. We rejoined classes last night, and after a few goes, he went through twelve weavers offest by only 5cm. This is such a HUGE acheivement for us - I could have cried!!!

Blossom started agility 8 weeks ago. I was unsure at first as she can be timid, and is uber un-athletic and unsure of anything requiring physical dexterity (she cant get into or out of the car even). She has proved to be a star and I am so proud of her :thumbsup: . She gets over her initial fear really quickly (after a few goes being lured she realises it is safe and FUN). And even better she loves it and is so motivated and happy in classes. She's already doing all obstacles (at lowered hights) with enthusiasm and her contacts are good. In comparison Peebs - after two years of training -is still hard to motivate and still has terrible contacts! I've told Blossom that she is my new favourite but that she is not to tell the other dogs :laugh:

We are no where up to the standard of you guys, but I hope you don't mind me adding my small brags.

Stormy is a shelter dog that we adopted June last year and had little, or probably no training when we got her. It still amazes me that she has learnt to walk on a loose lead and to heel. She knows her release word and is happy to heel on our walks until she is released and is then happy to sniff and keep walking on a loose lead, most of the time. If she gets too rapt up in the smells, a quick "let's go" gets her moving again.

We still working on making our sits, drops and stands reliable. She understands the commands, but sometimes decides she didn't hear you :mad . Recalls... well, we won't go there!!!

My other brag is the tricks that she has managed to learn in the last 12 months - shake paws (both sides), putting her paw on you knee, walking backwards, hi 5 and "hug". But, my biggest brag is her newest trick of "say your prayers", which is where the paws on knee started. It's taken us more than 6 months to get her to do this trick, but I wasn't pushing her initially as I wasn't sure if she was fully mature and if it would put too much pressure on her skeleton. We're at the stage that she will reliably put both paws on my knee - still working on getting her head down on command, but it's getting pretty good. I think it looks soo cool and fairly impressive for her size (she's a deerhound X)!

This is actually a great thread since it makes you appreciate the little successes you have with your kids. ;)

I know ness has a brag from agility today - come on Ness fess up :)

My kids well we have gone from rooster to feather duster in a week. Today I did a zillion rounds in obedience but didn't pass anything - however - One of my kids who has been having great problems with seekback and scent - actually put in a supper effort in 32 degree heat and in the first 3 UD exercises hadn't lost a point - unfortunately there was a big hole waiting for us just around the corner - :p But at the end of the day I still got to take the best kids home!!!!!

Your a dobber Ptolomy. Well a couple of my WA friends came over for a double agility trial weekend this weekend and they seem to have bought some of the WA luck with them.

We had a super day. A couple of near misses - 1 Masters Agility with a missed dogwalk colour and it was only just a miss, a lovely masters jumping run where she just overshot a bar but ran her little white socks off. A few runs where she just had a ball and could do no wrong.

Now to the best part of the day - we managed not one but two passes in open jumping. Great runs for the most part and one course even required a very big tunnel call off which presented itself as no drama. She wasn't the slowest qualifier either so I was pleased with her efforts. Any way not only did she walk away with two passes BUT they were the final two passes for her JDO title.

Now my little girl is known as Lochness CDX ADX JDX SPD GD JDO!!!!!!! (aka the Ness Monster)

Edited by ness

Contrats on everyone's achievements!

Mine for this week are Brock is progressing well in his agility. And today at club he stayed in both his sit and drop stay when the person next to us yelled at their dog! yipeee! He didn't look happy but he stayed there. I was hoping the agility would give him a bit more confidence about things and it seems to be working.

Ness - methinks she is asking for retirement :)!

Well done everyone!!!! GO Ness!!!

Ptolomy - I agree - I think it's a great thread - talk about your dogs achievements no matter how big or small :p

*yawn* I'm soooo tired! So much for weekends being a time to relax!!!!

No news from me though - just a show today, with no results ;)

Well guys we had another double agility trial today and Ness had a blinder :laugh: . Must be all the WA luck in the air cos she managed 5 passes from 6 runs (and actually only knocked a bar in the AM Masters Jumping but was otherwise under time!!!!).

So we had 2 more Open Jumping Passes, 2 Masters Agility passes (now 3 total) and 1 in Masters Jumping (5 of those so only 2 more to go :thumbsup: ).

Are you sure I can't keep Sue and Cathy here Ptolomy. Just watch out I nearly threatened to hide in there luggage.

So we have had a wonderful weekend 7 Quallies and a JDO title to boot - very pleased with my little girl. She will be thoroughly spoilt for at least the next week or so :D .

Gees Ness these aren't mindless brags - these are huge. :laugh:

Well done - its weekends like this you just want to bottle, but please return my strategic pairs partner. My stand in partner isn't nearly as good or understanding (LOL).

A little brag for us - today we had a double games trial.

Beans came away with a 2nd in novice gamblers, a 2nd in novice snooker and a 6th in novice gamblers.

Scoota got a 4th in Masters Strategic pairs with his stand in partner -who decided to change the course but forgot to tell us :thumbsup: , a 4th in excellent snooker and a 2nd in excellent gamblers.

Well done on your kids results over the weekend as well Ptolomy - I suppose I can return your SP partner but maybe you need to come for a double trial next time :eek: . I said to both Sue and Cathy they better make plans for another one - otherwise they might just find me on their doorstep and not sure how hard I would be to remove :( .

Congrats Ness!! Hmm... I think you should have started your own thread though - those brags aren't mindless - they are super huge :)!

And you're only going to be happy with her for a week?!?! Methinks she's earnt at least 6mths of forgiveness :(

Well done also Ptolomy! Bummer about the state trial - sounds like very hot weather though :eek:!

I'm totally outdone by all the wonderful achievements on this thread but.....I was so proud of my pup today - I haven't made it to an obedience club yet (show training, shows, Uni etc etc) but have been doing clicker training and fun toy games/training at home. Zig just loves it and it's a good way to keep him out of mischief ;) I'm really positive that he now "gets" the heeling position - baby steps I know but it was so great to see the puzzled frown disappear to be replaced by an enthusiastic gallop to the heel position from a distance. Training is so much fun with a mad dog :D

And a question - I'm working on the finish and, at this stage, am perfectly happy with him moving from a sit in front of me to any position on my left hand side (he normally stands and wags his silly tail). When he's ready should I introduce the sit OR should I work on getting him closer to my left side first? I'm thinking the latter but would be interested in opinions. Thanks :)

My turn for a mindless brag!!!!

Before going to agility training last night, I had time to sit down and watch the In focus; Need for Speed DVD. While I don't think Leo totally fits into this category, he could do with a bit of extra confidence (he LOATHES doing the wrong thing) and ultimately speed ;). He's definitely no psycho, course burning BC ;). So geared with this new information and the stuff covered at Gina's seminar recently, we toddled off to training with a new 'attitude' and focus. Basically I didn't care about what course he ran (usually I do and without intending to, my commands can come out harsh in the 'heat of the moment!') but that he was running fast and with enthusiasm ;).

Got to training early and did a bit of the 2 food game as a warm up, some contacts and quick weaving. He did those great ;).

Turned out no-one turned up for the later class (except me) which left me to join the earlier class and have a play around. Leo is a pretty bad distance worker and part of the course was to go around and do a pinwheel (well not quite, there was about 4 jumps ;)!) while I stay on the other side of the tunnel! Instead of deciding he 'couldn't' do it, I decided to give it a go. Initially I did a RC around the jump to keep on the correct side of the tunnel.... well - it worked and he did a brilliant run around the jumps :(:eek:! So rather than finish the course, I stopped, had a party and rewarded :D (sounds simple, but amazing how much you know you *should* do but don't ;) ).

I decided the RC was a bit messy as he wasn't in the 'ideal' position for that. So walked the course again to work out where the FC's should go. Problem with this is that it would have to be a 'harder' push 'out' to the outer jump to start the pinwheel. The danger with that is that I would have to cross over the path of the tunnel and then pull back to run the correct way around it (if that makes sense). Bl**dy dog has such a late commitment pt that he was actually taking off for the jump when I turned to continue the race (thinking he was committed) and he put on the brakes and did the tunnel instead ;). I was as proud of myself as I was with him as I didn't worry what jumps he was doing when he stuffed up, just told him how clever he was, made the criteria easier and tried to maintain a bit of distance! After a couple of tries I was able to get him 'out' and around from both the FC and RC positions :dropjaw:

And I finished with a happy dog who thought he had just done the best thing in the world ;)

All these achievements are so awesome, makes me feel like my dog's waaaay behind with pretty much everything :confused:

I've had a small but important breakthrough with him lately...he's learned how to growl! This may not sound like much at all, in fact it sounds like a bad thing if anything...but for a dog that goes from rigid to barking lunging immediately at anything that upsets him it's like music to my ears. He's finally discovered the intermediate step between discomfort and barking/lunging :laugh:

He's also been doing really well at school and I think it's doing him a lot of good to be around other dogs again, even if he still does have the occasional upset. He's less intense than he used to be and calms down so much faster now.

I just hope he keeps it up!