Springer Spaniel

Clyde

SpringDog what is the name of the dry please?

His ears aren't as gooby but smell REVOLTING!! Raw bacteria stench.

He is now having weekly Malaseb baths by moi - but to be honest I am not seeing much improvement. Well, particular spots improve howver each week there are new ones. Have only been doing him once a week for past 3 weeks. Should we bother persisting?

Owner *thinks* ears may have improved slightly since BARFing - but I dont ever remember his ears having that dead meat in the sun smell which permeates through the home. He is such a lovely natured boy it really seems unfair that he is never comfortable, although he is constantly happy and 'smiling'.

Has anyone here had experiences with Barbara Fougere(sp?)?

I've had an ear resection done on a Gordon, she had chronic ear infections for years and we tried absolutely everything, eventually having the surgery done because the poor dog was in constant pain and on occasions couldn't even move her head, when she walked she always carried her head on one side. As you said it doesn't cure the infection, but simply allows the pus to drain out of the ear thus alleviating a lot of the pain. The dog was better afterwards, but the constant infection had destroyed her eardrum and she was completely deaf in the affected ear. It's quite a major operation and the dog was in a lot of pain afterwards, it's not something I'd do until absolutely every other option has been thoroughly explored, but as I said we'd tried everything and there were no other choices for this particular dog.