Where Is The Best Training Available Out Our Way?

mypets

Toby is our new 4 month old Border Collie. We've had him nearly 4 weeks now and he's delightful. He sits, fetches, comes and leaves on command 95% of the time now.

He starts puppy school this week for 3 weeks then we would like to continue his training but where?

We're in Lilydale Melbourne and would to to hear what you suggest as the place to take him.

Croydon Club is excellent (and close) - at Silcock Park, (James Rd, off Lincoln Rd) training Sunday mornings between 9.30 and 12.00. Come visit us any Sunday (without Toby for the first time), to be able to arrange a suitable class to join, wander round and watch some training etc. Or even come along to have a look at the Croydon Flyball training this Saturday morning at 10.30 at Lilydale High School, meet some Croydon members and instructors there. Border Collies love flyball, you will see quite a few Toby-dogs at training.

Can totally recommend Croydon Dog Obedience Club. A good VCA affiliated club with an excellent reputation among triallers and also caters well for non-competitive dog owners. Take a look at ALL clubs in your area to find the one that suits you though. :o

Highly recommend both K9 Company and Croydon.

Depends what you want to achieve - K9 is a nice small indoor club to just do some basic work and later work up to tricks and such.

Croydon is outdoors on a Sunday, much bigger and offers more in the way of obedience, agility and flyball (more advanced).

I train at Croydon and love it. I did some work at K9 and loved it :laugh:

PM me if you want some details - i'm happy to assist :rofl:

PC - I just found out that Flyball had started again on the Saturdays..... can anyone come along (I have been invited before, but have never been able to make it!)..... is it running all through summer again???

Edited by leopuppy04

.... - I just found out that Flyball had started again on the Saturdays..... can anyone come along (I have been invited before, but have never been able to make it!)..... is it running all through summer again???

It'll be on for the next two Saturdays, but not the week-end of 29/30 September as that is the big Flyball Comp down at Yarram, an overnighter, so all the instructors will be going there.

After that training will still be at Lilydale but it might change to one evening a week once daylight-saving kicks in, used to be Wednesays from 6.00 til 8.00 but varies. Anyone is welcome to come watch, we prefer in general without dogs so the training dogs aren't distracted. It is only for intermediate and advanced flyball dogs - they can't participate in training at Lilydale until they have completed the beginner-flyball course at Croydon Club on Sundays. (Spectators' dogs are fine so long as they are on lead and quiet and not on the training or crating areas).

And Leopuppy I'd meant to tell you the Aussies videos from last year's Open/Champs are available, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the Aussies Newsletter yet.

Iam In the same area Is croydon or K9 good for a cavalier shes 6 months and small and has a very short attention span ( sorry to hyjack the thread just so excited there is a good school near me ) and is really very much a beginer

not like Toby :hitself:

Sure is - come down to Croydon and have a look - I'm there almost every week - www.cdodc.com.au