Fastest Way Of Growing Coat

Darkrai

I've had long coated breeds for over 30 years and I've never found a way to make coat grow faster, if the dog is receiving a less than optimum diet then yes supplements will improve the quality of the coat, but they won't make it grow faster. IMO coat length and density depends on the genes the dog has inherited from its sire and dam, I have found that some dogs just have more coat than others and it doesn't always follow that heavily coated parents produce heavily coated pups, at least not in my breed. Hair does grow quicker in summer than winter, that applies to humans as well as dogs, but as for giving a dog some substance that increases the speed of hair growth...........I wish!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was feeding livermol to my shih tzu and he has a patch of hair in the centre of his back that has come through brindle :confused: he is gold and white. The hair is alot corser than it should be aswell so i have stopped giving it to him. He loved the taste of it though.

STAFFSHIH you may find that the hair will change to the correct colour once grown through properly. Kees with their shaded hair, if they get a hotspot or skin is cut/damaged in some way the hair always grows through black at first and then turns to the correct colour. So, on their cream or silver bits you will have a black tipped spot of hair in the midst of it, growing from where the skin was broken. Maybe this is what is happening with your dogs coat. Just a thought.

Ditto to everything Miranda said :(

Edited by nynka