Puppy Bleeding From Anal Passage

Hello, i am new to dogzonline and a new puppy owner my pup is 8mths old and is pooing out blood its just pure blood no poo mixed in with the blood, she is acting normal very playful eating normal drinking normal everything is normal and fine expect for the blood, anything i can do?? what could be wrong??

she has a very healthy diet gets bones and is on two meals.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What breed is she

Check and make sure it is not coming from the vagina.

maybe she has just come into season for the first time

get a white tissue and wipe it to ascertain wher eit is actually coming from.

i have seen a dog in season before i no the difference between a dog pissing out blood from there bottom to a dog in season which is drops of blood.

That was a fair question. Good you know the difference. :)

If it was my dog, I'd be finding an emergency vet today. Sounds like a lot of blood loss and it is a long time from now till tomorrow morning. Sunbury is not that far out of Melbourne.

Bright red blood is blood on the extremity and not much to worry about (although if her whole sloppy poo is red blood, definitely something to worry about).

Dark red/brown blood is blood that is 'old' therefore either travelled or been there for a while. This IS something to worry about.

If your pup has enough blood coming from her anus for you to say it is pooing blood, you should have been at an emergency vet after the first time - please go and call one NOW.

It may be nothing, or you may have a dead pup by morning.

does anyone no what could make this happen or what it could be?? she is a young healthy pup shiny coat bright eyes.

A healthy puppy does not have a number of bowel motions in quick succession that contain all blood.

There is something very wrong with this puppy and PLEASE take her to an emergency vet if your regular vet is closed.

This is not something to be diagnosed over the internet. This pup requires URGENT vet attention.