Performance Dogs - Chiro's

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many people take their performance dogs to a Chiro (or similar) and under what circumstances?

• Yes - Regular Checkup
    • Yes - Injury Only
    • No

Thiinking about the warp heeling - the English dogs ought to have problems then, you'd think, given their very tight heeling style. If I remember, I'll ask at the Mary Ray camp. I'm guessing Mary's dogs don't have problems because they're doing Heelwork to Music (and agility in some cases) as well, and so she does a lot of work with the dog on the right - so that probably balances them up a bit. Oh, and she certainly uses TTouch and massage.

Interesting thought.

They still might do Tassie as they are still focussing up all the time. It is interesting isn't it. What i've always been told is to keep sessions short, keep the muscles strong with lots of tug games and heel (and tug!) on both sides to equal the muscle mass :).

Ness - we have had a few of those chicken/ egg situations too!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They still might do Tassie as they are still focussing up all the time. It is interesting isn't it. What i've always been told is to keep sessions short, keep the muscles strong with lots of tug games and heel (and tug!) on both sides to equal the muscle mass :D.

Yes, that makes sense, leopuppy - and Mary's dogs would certainly get all of that, including the tug. And from what she's shown us, she does have short sessions of particular things, and then will have a game, and do something else - so the dogs are not getting long periods of the same activity. The heeling pattern in the ring would be the longest, I guess.

Good thinking, 99! :thanks:

Oh, and I meant to say 'wrap' heeling, rather than 'warp' - although if my Kirra heeled the way she tracks, that would be 'warp' heeling. :)

Helen,

Where do you have the acupuncture treatment performed? I ask this question, as I heard recently a 'new' highly regarded practioner offering this service in the Berwick area.

Highton Vets in Geelong. She has done accupuncture for years