Breaking Rank/pack Order

OK, parting a fight is not being part of it, you are saying their behaviour is unnacceptable.

Once the fight is over, and THEN you pin down, that is effectively challenging them.

When you separate, NEVER shout. You needn't speak at all, it's inefective. Just part dogs, and walk away. You need to keep a closer eye on your sibe and watch her behaviour, as someone said before, you may just be missing little things she does.

As the Alpha, you need to lead by example and overpower them mentally. :)

Okay so no talking and no pinning got it. :rofl:

I do watch the sibe. :) She is a bully. She is always testing the others. I dont normally miss a cue( while I am watching) because I say 'leave it'/ 'knock it off'/'no' when I know shes going to start something.

keep to one serious command like 'leave it'. If you think she's about to start something that's more serious, stand up in front of her, proud, say nothing, but she will look at you. If she moves to move around you, block her. This is what I mean by mentally, overpower her by demonstrating that YOU are the leader and whatever the others are doing is fine by you, and she needn't intervene, so you are stopping her or distracting her :p

When I give her the comand she gives me eye contact and I hold it till she looks away and then she walks away.

naughty, naughty :rofl:

YOU need to hold her look until YOU release her, not when she's had enough. Use a simple release word, I use 'Yes', and I also do this for feeding too. I put the food down, they watch me, until I am ready to say 'Yes'. Then they eat.

You can also use the 'watch me' for when shes about to start something too. Hold her look until YOU say so, then if she looks away, repeat the command. If she refuses to look at you or moves, then you stand in front of her giving her no choice. Praise when she looks at you with (again) short word, like 'Good'. Keep the words consistent, especially the release word.

hope this helps, as I said without seeing them it can be difficult ;)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, parting a fight is not being part of it, you are saying their behaviour is unnacceptable.

Once the fight is over, and THEN you pin down, that is effectively challenging them.

When you separate, NEVER shout. You needn't speak at all, it's inefective. Just part dogs, and walk away. You need to keep a closer eye on your sibe and watch her behaviour, as someone said before, you may just be missing little things she does.

As the Alpha, you need to lead by example and overpower them mentally. ;)

Okay so no talking and no pinning got it. :p

I do watch the sibe. :rofl: She is a bully. She is always testing the others. I dont normally miss a cue( while I am watching) because I say 'leave it'/ 'knock it off'/'no' when I know shes going to start something.

keep to one serious command like 'leave it'. If you think she's about to start something that's more serious, stand up in front of her, proud, say nothing, but she will look at you. If she moves to move around you, block her. This is what I mean by mentally, overpower her by demonstrating that YOU are the leader and whatever the others are doing is fine by you, and she needn't intervene, so you are stopping her or distracting her ;)

When I give her the comand she gives me eye contact and I hold it till she looks away and then she walks away.

naughty, naughty :rofl:

YOU need to hold her look until YOU release her, not when she's had enough. Use a simple release word, I use 'Yes', and I also do this for feeding too. I put the food down, they watch me, until I am ready to say 'Yes'. Then they eat.

You can also use the 'watch me' for when shes about to start something too. Hold her look until YOU say so, then if she looks away, repeat the command. If she refuses to look at you or moves, then you stand in front of her giving her no choice. Praise when she looks at you with (again) short word, like 'Good'. Keep the words consistent, especially the release word.

hope this helps, as I said without seeing them it can be difficult :)

:) Thanks that info/advice it will help.

The best part she already knows the command 'watch' ( I use it in show training. Makes her watch me or the cookie) :) The hard part will be keeping her eye contact.

you'll be fine, she's young, just do it for different lengths of time, then treat. Don't make it longer and longer or she will realise this. Spend 10 minutes each day, first get a 'watch' for 10 seconds, then try one for 15 seconds, then do one for 5 seconds and so on. Treat each time, by varying the time from short - long- short and so on, she will not be able to predict when she gets treated and it will become a 'game' :) If she begins to get bored, finish the session and start again later. But always finish a session with her doing something for you to earn the release to do as she pleases.

Good luck, let me know how you get on with it :rofl:

you'll be fine, she's young, just do it for different lengths of time, then treat. Don't make it longer and longer or she will realise this. Spend 10 minutes each day, first get a 'watch' for 10 seconds, then try one for 15 seconds, then do one for 5 seconds and so on. Treat each time, by varying the time from short - long- short and so on, she will not be able to predict when she gets treated and it will become a 'game' :) If she begins to get bored, finish the session and start again later. But always finish a session with her doing something for you to earn the release to do as she pleases.

Good luck, let me know how you get on with it :p

:rofl: Well I realized trying it for the first time at dinner time was a lost cause.

Thank you so much. We'll be working on it everyday :rofl: Shes a quick learner but stubborn as all hell :) what can I say? Shes a sibe ;)

She's great with dogs outside of her pack. Now hopfully somtime soon she will be great with the dogs within her 'pack'

Good luck, let me know how you get on with it :p

:rofl: Well I realized trying it for the first time at dinner time was a lost cause.

Thank you so much. We'll be working on it everyday :rofl: Shes a quick learner but stubborn as all hell :) what can I say? Shes a sibe ;)

She's great with dogs outside of her pack. Now hopfully somtime soon she will be great with the dogs within her 'pack'