Peeing On Their Beds

I have a Rotty and a Lhasa. Our other Rotty went to the bridge 2 weeks ago. The Rott and Lhasa have started to pee on their bedding in the lsat week.

I use the hession bags with foam inserts and move them around to keep them in the sun but now they won't lay on them because they are soaked with pee.

Has anyone struck this before? They are both 2 years old and have only just started this little trick :thumbsup:

My dogs have never peed on bedding even when pups.

Are they marking territory? Was the dog who died the alpha? It might take them a little while to sort out the new hierarchy?

I'd wash the beds and put them away for a while. If it's a bit cold, you can use some cardboard from boxes- good insulation- and disposable until they get out of the new bad habit.

My dogs have never peed on bedding even when pups.

Are they marking territory? Was the dog who died the alpha? It might take them a little while to sort out the new hierarchy?

I'd wash the beds and put them away for a while. If it's a bit cold, you can use some cardboard from boxes- good insulation- and disposable until they get out of the new bad habit.

Thanks PW. The last Rotty was aggressive but still not the Alpha. It seems to be a territory issue. I will do as you suggest and see if they get out of this habit.

I would hazzard a guess that they are trying to re-establish their pack order now that your other pooch has gone.. not just being territorial. They're out of kilter a bit and it should settle down over time... though I would do as suggested and remove the beds for a week. Just keep an extra eye on their posturing etc... a tiff may be on the cards in the next few weeks while they're sorting themselves out.