Titles?

I'm currently looking for a Weimaraner puppy and when I have a look through the pedigrees there so many abbreviations and I was wondering if there's a webpage or something with them all listed? Titles like TDX, CDX, RRD, ET, QC, NRD etc.

I'm so clueless...

The ones youve listed are

TDX Tracking Dog Excellent - Tracking

CDX Companion (?) Dog Excellent - Obedience

RRD - Restricted Retreiving Dog - Retrieving Trials

ET - Endurance Test

QC - Qualifying Certificate - Shown in agility and obedience

NRD - Novice Retrieving Dog - Retrieving Trials.

Sorry i dont know a site that will show ALL titles, i think you just have to through all sports and find what titles they award. People on here would know what was what.

The QC actually refers to a Qualifying Certificate in either Field of Retrieving trials and as I understand it, is not actually a title.

Ive seen them used in agility and obedience as well, dont know enough about field/retrieving trials. All i know is its a "leg" towards a title!

In general you will find that titles in front of the dogs name are usually conformation titles & ones after the dogs name are working titles.

Not right MrsD

The titles at the beginning of the dogs names are Championship titles

Aust CH - Confirmation

HCH - Herding

OC - Obedience

not sure what the abbreviations are for the other Championchips but they should be at the front of the dogs name

Tracey

Edited by fidelis Border Collies

The QC actually refers to a Qualifying Certificate in either Field of Retrieving trials and as I understand it, is not actually a title.

Ive seen them used in agility and obedience as well, dont know enough about field/retrieving trials. All i know is its a "leg" towards a title!

The QC is used for a leg towards an agility or obedience title?? Never seen or heard of that!! Is it a state thing??

QC's are awarded at the discretion of the judge to a dog that completes a Novice Retrieving or Field trial. It can only be awrded once.

Nah its not an official thing, though thinking about it now maybe they just meant QS but thought QC sounded better?

Thanks for the extra info though, learn something new every day :laugh:

Edited by tollersowned

In general you will find that titles in front of the dogs name are usually conformation titles & ones after the dogs name are working titles.

Not right MrsD

The titles at the beginning of the dogs names are Championship titles

Aust CH - Confirmation

HCH - Herding

OC - Obedience

not sure what the abbreviations are for the other Championchips but they should be at the front of the dogs name

Tracey

Yep, sorry, you're right they are championship titles but not necessarily conformation, I should have remembered the OC at least!