Peeing On Food Bowls

Aside from the obvious of picking them up after feeding so this doesn't happen, anyone come across this and dealt with it. It is annoying because it is stinky :wave: Diesel desexed at about age 5 is the culprit. He'll pee over his own dish for desert and sometimes Bellas.

My desexed kelpie will do this to her bowls and everyone else's :wave: She also marks when out for walks etc so I figure it is just another part of that.

I have to admit that I just make sure I pick the bowls up when they have finished.

I have a friend who had this problem with her great dane. He would finish eating and the pee on his bowl and on the other dogs if he could. He is fed outside thier bedroom, so she waited with the kids high powered water pistol and shot him with it through the window as he went to pee. It stopped him.

glad to hear he isn't the only freak in the sideshow. Yes I usually get them straight away but juggling keeping a small child inside or with me and feeding a puppy at the same time in the kitchen he has had a few good blasts lately. Worst is when I can't see in the dark and have already picked it up... ewwww. I have tried feeding him out of the soiled bowl next day without thorough cleaning, made no difference. Hmmmn super soaker in summer would be effective but too cold now.

Try this one. Mum and dads desexed male pomeranian, wees on his food before he eats it :laugh:

Everytime mum puts his food down outside, he wees in it and then start digging in and eating. Mum has given up trying to stop him from doing it. He wont eat if you hand feed him, if its on the ground or another bowl he will still wee on it and then eat it.

What the ?????????????

have you tried putting the food bowl up on a stand or get one that will hang on the fence/gate?

I have seen boarding kennels with bowls that hang on the kennel doors.....so you must be able to get them.

If its too high for him to pee on......he can't!

OT: Thought of this answer when thinking about my horses.....I used to have to hang his food bucket as he would stand in it, tip it over, kick it all over the paddock, through the mud or his own poo, and then eat it! I hung it up high enough he couldn't lift his leg to do it and then thought of the bowl peeing dogs...... :confused: