Puppy Foundation Class

Guest Tiggy

Guest Tiggy

Has anyone taken their puppy to this class? Is anyone a member of the club? As far as I know it's the only Agility Club in Perth that has a puppy class. I want to take my Stafford puppy once he's 3 months old. It'll be a bit of a hike for me coming from South Guildford but I think It'll be well worth it.

From what i have heard from friends in WA it is a brilliant way to start pups off on the right foot in agility.

Some of the current younger agility stars have been through there foundations class and have done extremely well in competition.

If we had something like that here I would definitely be in it.

Cheers

I am a member of ACWA and I highly recommend it :D I think there are other clubs that do allow dogs to start before they are 12 months, but ACWA is the only club I know that actually has equipment made to suit puppies!

I am doing the Adult Foundation with my girl at the moment. I did think about doing the puppy foundation, but since I have a similar distance to travel as you do (I am in Helena Valley) and also go to obedience on Wednesdays and agility (teaching) on Fridays (plus horse commitments :wave:) I decided to wait until she was over 12 months and could do a bit more... plus I could teach her a lot of the basic handling at home anyway :)

If I didn't have the other commitments I would definitely have gone though!

Guest Tiggy

I can't wait to start! Do you crate your dog while there? I'll have to buy one. The drive is quicker now Tonkin Highway goes all the way through to Ranford Road.