Good Personal Dog Trainer Wanted!

Ok I have been to see K9 Force several times and he is brilliant with dogs. However he lives in the wrong state! :rofl: I am looking for a good dog trainer to help me with a 14 month old entire doberman. I do not want to go to classes just yet, until I get a handle on his energy as it would be pointless at the moment. He'd be like "Oh look! Other dogs! My favourite thing!" Oh look! Other people! My favourite thing!" Oh look toys! My favourite thing!" 'Oh boy! A car ride! My favourite thing!"

We would learn nothing and I would just get frustrated with him! We have a prong collar and an e collar and are not afraid of using either :laugh: I just want to learn how to teach him properly in the comfort of my own home, before (If ever) venturing out to join the general populace! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. He is great with kids, people, other dogs, cats etc etc etc, unfortunately also great with shoe thieving, destroying anything not tied down, biting, barking and general mayhem and destruction :rofl: Help!

Oh yeah! Forgot about Erny! :rofl: Hey Erny! You were such a good help with my old shepherd, however he is NOTHING compared to the pyscho domberman that I have raised carefully and correctly since puppyhood.................. :laugh: Feel like a challenge??!!

Realitybites :

Oh yeah! Forgot about Erny!

:rofl: How is that possible !!!!!!! :laugh:

Hey!!!! Just give me a call and we can set up an appointment :rofl: !! Contact numbers are in my website via the link below.

I loooooove challenges. :rofl:

Edited by Erny

RealityBites,

Just wondering, is your wish to go onto competitive obedience trialling?

That would be my dream but not neccesarily my goal. I did want to compete in schutzhund as I think it would be alot of fun, and I KNOW he would love it! *biting stuff! My favourite thing!*

But I would be happy with him heeling, NOT leaping all over everyone, not stealing shoes, and being able to tell sit from drop! :rofl:

RealityBites,

Just wondering, is your wish to go onto competitive obedience trialling?

Sorry to butt in... if by chance you were going to recommend someone in Vic LL, I'd love to know who they were cos I reckon I could do with a lesson or two :rofl:

Well I had my first lesson with Erny today and it was great! LOADS to work on (Mind you I kinda knew that! :D ) But she was brilliant at explaining and has given us lots of homework to practice. So here's to hoping my canine companion becomes alot more fun to live with shortly! :wave:

I'm glad you brought this thread back up because I was going to post to say that your young Dobe isn't as 'impossible' as I was first given to believe :wave:. He's a lovely, very responsive dog. I think you've done a very good job with him in what he currently knows :).

All I am doing is tweaking here and there, to help him understand a little more clearly on what you want from him, as well as extending on his current skills to give you more, and working for reliability.

It was an enjoyable lesson and the hour flew by very quickly. You worked hard ......... I like that. :D

:)